Unauthorised payment

sobit
Contributor
Contributor

Unauthorised payment more than 250 dollar has been made from account to a shopping site. what should i do?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sobit 

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sobit
Contributor
Contributor
I have reported the transaction as unauthorised and opened a dispute case but just now i got a mail from paypal that said it was not an unauthorised transaction. What should i do?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @sobit,

I'm sorry to hear that. If you believe that an error was made and there is no possibility that anyone in your household could have made the transaction, please contact customer service to ask for another review of the case.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.