Unauthorised payment

Rach_bla
Contributor
Contributor
I have had a Paypal payment come out of my bank account that I don’t recognise . I checked this against Paypal account and it’s nit on my list of transactions ... any ideas?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rach_bla 

The bank card info could have been compromised and was used as PayPal guest checkout so you would never know the wiser until the charge hits your card account.

Report it to the bank card as unauthorized or suspicious. They will contact PayPal in the course of their inquiries. Cross reference the transaction date with your email inbox for any email receipts. Check with family members who may have access to the card account to see if they made a payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Rach_bla
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your help . It’s really confusing as I cancelled and reported it to my bank . However now I have cancelled the direct debit . I then got a email fe PayPal to say PayPal can’t take anymore direct debits as no care is linked . I am struggling for a contact number for PayPal too .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.