Unauthorised payment

Jazmine152
Contributor
Contributor
There has been an unauthorised payment on my PayPal account, it was in scheduled payments, although I did not authorised or put it there. Upon searching the Internet regarding company taking the payment,it's clear its a scammer and lots of PayPal users have had this issue. I contact the resolution center and they have come back saying they are not accepting its unauthorised! Why? I'm telling them it was not authorised, the Internet reports support this so who are they to say it wasn't. Its alot of money for me to have taken from my bank account without my authorisation. How can I get this money refunded?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jazmine152 

If it was in the subscription section then it would have been authorised and so paypal paid it for you.

A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DanP67
New Community Member

I have the same problem but I have been to meetings to check my authorised payments and it says it is 'inactive' even though payments are still going out

Login to Me Too

khaledmonir
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue and PayPal closed the case and there is no way to contact them!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@khaledmonir 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

khaledmonir
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you @kernowlass for your reply

Unfortunately, I can't see the phone number option

I tried Message center, Live chat, and FB messaging.

All of them have only a bot option. No real agent is available to help!

I'll try twitter now and hope they will reply

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.