Unauthorised eBay purchases

Suki777
Contributor
Contributor

Hi peeps. I was the victim of unauthorised purchases yesterday from ebay. Somehow it appears my account was hacked and somebody purchased 3 x gaming codes at a total value of £140. I have since been refunded by one seller who was very understanding. Question is, these were debit card payments and do not show up on my PayPal transactions. They show up on my bank statement was PayPal transactions. Therefore when I go to the resolution centre there is nowhere for me to click to select the fraudelent transaction. Is there any way of bringing up debit card purchases on PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Suki777 

If the transactions do not show up in your PayPal account then your PayPal account may not necessarily been used to make these transactions. Maybe your card info was somehow compromised and PayPal guest checkout was used while logged in with your eBay account so you do not get the PayPal email receipts but maybe only eBay emails since the transactions were through your eBay account?

Since the transactions only appear in your debit card account, then report transactions as unauthorized with your card issuer. PayPal is mentioned in the transaction details in your debit card account for these transactions because the merchant accepts payments through PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.