Unauthorised direct debit and payment MAUREEN <removed> J P MORGAN BANK

Joel114
Contributor
Contributor

I've had money taken out of my account and a direct debit set up without my authorisation. I can't get through to PayPal. The bank have said its paypals responsibility as its come from the direct debit information linked to them. When you Google the name and bank it comes up that it's a PayPal scam from a few years ago. Anyone else had this issue or can provide support/ advice?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joel114 

When you add a bank account to paypal it sets up the direct debit mandate so that paypal can take authorised payments for any purchases you make (or pay your Ebay fees).
No company eg water/electric can take funds from your bank account on a regular basis without that direct debit.
However the amount shown is always the ''last'' transaction / amount that you paid to a seller via paypal.

The JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL stands for “JP Morgan Chase regarding PayPal International”. ... They authorized to debit a PayPal account that verified their identity by connecting their bank account. For PayPal users who have signed up for PayPal services and verified it using a bank account and credit card

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Joel114
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I'm confused as the bank says its paypals responsibility as the direct debit was taken from the paypal direct debit mandate and PayPal are saying its the bank. Either way I am out of pocket and no one able to assist in me getting the money back. PayPal can't find any record of the direct debit that has been set up. I have checked all my eBay and PayPal transactions and it isn't anything I have done or authorised.

Login to Me Too

Beco46
New Community Member

I have just had the same experience. Did you ever resolve this?

Login to Me Too

Joel114
Contributor
Contributor
No resolution I've lost the money unfortunately. The bank refused to help as the money was taken via PayPal direct debit and PayPal keep saying its the banks fault and refuse to help. If it was through the bank they woukd have just refunded the money but as its through PayPal they won't.
Login to Me Too

dsampatakou
New Community Member

same thing today

via Natwest

J P MORGAN CHASE BANK

I called Natwest to asked what's that direct debit, they said they can cancel it, they did, it will take some days to reflect in my account.

I tried to call the phone number they gave me, but it doesn't ring.

Then looked it up and this thread came up.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.