Unauthorised charges

SarahKip
Contributor
Contributor
I downloaded a free trial app. It didnt work, on the next working day £86.99 was debited from my account. I reported it to paypal and nothing happened. I then reported it as fraudulent activity and paypal said it wasn't and have taken the money today. I'm very upset as the app should never have taken a payment from my account
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

SarahKip
Contributor
Contributor
Update. I've spoken to PayPal on the phone and they've reopened the case in a different way for me so fingers crossed 🤞
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi SarahKip, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

It sounds like although this was referenced a free trial, a subscription may have been created with the merchant. This is often the case with merchants who offer free trails for 1 month, 3 months etc. It will be noted in the merchant's Terms and Conditions that a subscription agreement will be created and payment will be taken on a monthly/yearly basis. I'm afraid if you signed up to this free trial you agreed to the subscription agreement and there would be no evidence of unauthorized activity on your PayPal account. Please ensure you have cancelled any agreement that may still be associated with the merchant. 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-cancel-a-subscription-faq577

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

SarahKip
Contributor
Contributor
I cancelled the subscription and contacted Google who didn't reply and have never replied. It's a joke.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

I understand they may be hard to get in touch with. If they have a Facebook or Twitter page, they may respond to messages quicker than email. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.