Unauthorised amount removed from my PAYPAL account

Westbarn1
Contributor
Contributor

Today I had an unauthorised sum removed from my account by PAYPAL, I disputed this with PAYPAL and they upheld the withdrawal, without giving a reason for the decision and closed the dispute in the Resolution Centre and of course now PAYPAL make it absolutely impossible to contact them to explain WHY and what EVIDENCE there is to uphold the decision. Yes I'm upset about this, I haven't a clue what its about and if someone at PAYPAL doesn't resolve this to my satisfaction they will lose a good customer of many years standing. Not that I imagine they care about that.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Joy

Hi @Westbarn1,

I'm sorry to hear that a dispute you opened was denied. Generally, if an unauthorized transaction dispute is denied, it is due to PayPal being unable to confirm that a third party gained access to your account without permission. The dispute may have also been denied if the transaction is associated with a billing agreement within your PayPal account.

If you have been unable to reach our Customer Support by phone or chat, you can try sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Joy

Hi @Westbarn1,

I'm sorry to hear that a dispute you opened was denied. Generally, if an unauthorized transaction dispute is denied, it is due to PayPal being unable to confirm that a third party gained access to your account without permission. The dispute may have also been denied if the transaction is associated with a billing agreement within your PayPal account.

If you have been unable to reach our Customer Support by phone or chat, you can try sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.