Unauthorised Transaction

chasinthepark
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item from a company in Ireland paid with PayPal. I did not receive any confirmation from them to say they had received my order. I messaged them through the website with no response. I looked up the company and they ceased trading in 2017. I took out a dispute for a refund but PayPal  say it was a unauthorised transaction and closed the case with no refund. Where did I go wrong with this payment Many thanks Chas

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Drew

Hi @chasinthepark

Sorry if our disputes process has caused confusion. If you purchase an item and you never receive it, you would want to report to us that you didn't receive the item. When you file an unauthorised claim, this means that someone else fraudulently signed into your PayPal account and made the purchase without your knowledge. 

At this point, you will need to reach out to our customer service team so we can change the dispute type. This isn't something that can be completed by the customer. You can reach us through the 'Contact' link at the bottom of the PayPal webpage. I hope this helps!

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

chasinthepark
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reply. This has to be the most unusual transaction I have made. After paying through PayPal I had no acknowledgement from seller no replies from three times trying to contact. Then to my amazement my purchase turns up 5 days later . So all is now well. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.