Unauthorised Pending Transfer and PayPal Refusal to Accept Resolution Lodgement

JasonPullman
New Community Member

I have an unauthorised pending transaction dated 2 Aug 2- 6:03am claiming to transfer $1000 from my Westpac bank savings account into my Paypal account (see below). 

Capture22.JPG

I have attempted to lodge a dispute in PayPal but PayPal will not accept the dispute because it directs me to contact the person who transferred the money (see below). I am obviously not able contact the person as they have hidden their fraudulent identity. 

Capture33.JPG

I have contacted my bank who have no record of the transaction to date. I have requested PayPal to cancel the transaction ASAP and to advise what action Paypal is to take to address the fraudulent behaviour? There appears to be many posts with this subject matter but no resolution.

• Has anyone been successful in identifying how to address this issue with PayPal or been able to resolve the problem? I can't get a hold of a real PayPal customer service person to receive any advice.
  • Does anyone have an example if the money actually transfers or is the transfer a hoax? I guess I will find out in the next few days if the matter is not resolved.

Thanks. Jas

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.