Unauthorised Payments Deemed "Authorised"

PEZ_BEATS
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, Hope you can help. At wits end here. Having issues with funds going out of my account for the third time now. I've logged two cases with PayPal which have been deemed as "authorised" however when I sent a message back someone from PayPal said that the case was still ongoing and I would receive a message back. Fast forward and now the chat is closed and so is the case! I've now filed a 3rd report as over $200 has gone out of my account via facebook ads, slightly strange being as I'm in the UK! Im now left with a balance of over -£300 and someone seems to still be able to access my account despite changing my password several times. Not sure what else to do! Help!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

JohnCody
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I've had the same issue. Did you manage to get it resolved? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PEZ_BEATS 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

If not then..........

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.