Unauthorised Payment

Manzare
New Community Member

Hi,

I have just noticed that payments of 8.99 pounds has been paid to some outfit called Luxplus over the last 3 months. I know, I know I shpuld have been paying closer attention to my statements.

Anyway I have cancelled these payments but I am  none the wiser how they were set up in the first place as I have no idea what they are for as I have not been receiving anything from Luxplus WE ApS.

I have tried to get in touch with Paypal but have had no success. I am afraid the way the Contact Us section is of no use for a problem like this. Hence me going"public" so to speak.

Has anyone else heard of Luxplus WE ApS?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

patfrench18
New Community Member

I have just noticed this has been happening to me for the last 3 months also and I have no idea how it got authorised.  Can any other members, or Paypal themselves help with this problem?  I dont want to lose any more of my hard earned cash.

Login to Me Too

Maberval
Contributor
Contributor
Did PayPal help you get your money back?
Login to Me Too

Elaine2019
Contributor
Contributor
I just noticed that today. Have emailed company to stop immediately and to refund me fully. Have also contacted Paypal as it is shocking they are giving these fraudsters a platform to do this.
Login to Me Too

Maberval
Contributor
Contributor
Completely agree. Even worse, although I phoned them, email them and followed their advice, they are not helping me to get my money back. Did they help you? Perhaps they have an interest on this. It's very disappointing.
Login to Me Too

Maberval
Contributor
Contributor
Was PayPal helpful when trying to get a refund? They basically told me that there was nothing they could do.
Login to Me Too

Gabisbw
New Community Member

I also had this **bleep** in my bank redrawals, 3 months but as you did I stopped it. Don't know if I like Paypal anymore. Had several scams om my bankcard via Paypal. I had to change card 2 times last year and Paypal say that they are safe, that is bull***. They need to get their IT security policies in order because this sucks. A scam site should NOT be able to draw money from people several months in a raw!

Login to Me Too

Mikeyr1
Contributor
Contributor
I have been scammed by Luxplus for over a year, but it seems PayPal don’t want to do anything about this. It seems they are encouraging it which makeS me and other PayPal uses think that PayPal can’t be trusted. Maybe we should vote with our feet and use other payment methods in future.
Login to Me Too

yazsantos
New Community Member

I have the same problem and I just noticed it. They've been taking money out from my account since march. I just reported it  to Paypal and if I dont hear back from them I will contact my bank and get my money back then delete paypal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yazsantos 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.