Unauthorised Payment issue

Kyle-Tweedie
New Community Member

Hi there,

So I am in a bit of a complicated situation here and don't really know how to approach it. I was recently charged by a business called Ditto. They are a music distribution service that I used a few years ago. What is strange is I don’t recall using Paypal for the original transactions yet on Paypal it says that the subscription was created on 08 Sep 2015, yet I have only been charged on 07 Sep 2019.

My main concerns with this is…
1. This subscription is meant to be cancelled
2. I am not receiving the so called “service” I am paying for
3. I can’t seem to get through to Ditto support

They have billed me for an amount of 58,80 GBP which is roughly 1 120,80 ZAR which is a lot of money for something I have A) Cancelled and B) A service I am not even receiving. The next issue is the original amount stated on my account with them is 79 EUR. I am not quite sure what to do as I would like to get a refund but have no idea how to go about this as I have not done this before and have no contact with Ditto.

Kind Regards,
Kyle Tweedie

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Kyle-Tweedie,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

If you have cancelled the service but you have still been charged due to the pre-approved payment agreement, you will need to report the issue in your Resolution Centre. Depending on the country where you registered your PayPal account, you may be able to report a 'Billing Issue' or an 'Item Not Received'. If the first option is available, you can dispute the payment mentioning that the subscription was cancelled in the past. If this option is not available, you can dispute the payment mentioning that the service that you paid for was not received as it should be cancelled. You can dispute the payment by clicking 'Report a problem' in your Resolution Centre.

I hope this helps!

Martina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.