Unauthorised Activity - Where's My Money?

Cooperman1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All

I was a victim of unauthorised transactions which completely 'emptied' my personal bank account + all my overdraft facility! My bank debit card was cancelled as a security protection.

PayPal very quickly investigated and found in my favour. I've now received a replacement debit card and linked it to my PayPal account and will 'confirm' the card asap.

My question is: How do I get the monies stolen back to my bank account as my PayPal balance shows as zero? I'm being charged by my bank for 'bounced' direct debits and using my overdraft facility so need to sort this quickly! Couldn't have happened at a worse time - Christmas!

Thanks

John

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cooperman1

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Stitch-Up
Contributor
Contributor

I have only just seen your reply so I apologise for not replying sooner!

I'm still in the process of sorting the fraudulent payments from my account.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Just a tip for anyone using the phone option and being confronted with automated menu options that can be so frustrating! There is one option that isn't offered and that is "speak to somebody" however, I discovered it works out of shear frustration after going around in circles! Just say "Speak to someone" and you actually get to speak to a human being 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.