Unathorised payment declined

Imzy
New Community Member

Hello guys,

Recently I had a email from PayPal that I've submitted a payment to a merchant, immediately I logged on to PayPal to see what was going on because I did NOT authorise anything.

Started a dispute in resolution centre and today it was declined (after 24hrs)

So this time I rang them up and told the adviser that I did not authorise this payment and it must be an error or something. However it shows in my PayPal activity that this payment was genuinely made through me (Which its not true).

Case has been reopened again and PayPal will look in deeper to see what has happened.

I'm very conscious about security and I know some of you are too. I wouldn't never imagine this happening to anyone.

PayPal has been a very secure way of payment and I've been using it many years now. never come across something like this before.

I will patiently await for this resolution and keep you guys updated. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

VickyN75
New Community Member

I have had an unauthorised amount taken from my paypal. I opened an unauthorised activity case. Paypal responded the same day to say they have determined there was no unauthorised use.  No explanation as to how they determined this or further information.  I am unable to email them at present, presumably due to the covaid outbreak and reduced staffing.  Been waiting in excess of an hour on instant messaging for a response. 

Does anyone have any advice? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.