Unactivated card stolen, being used, how to stop???

STURNOY
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal business debit card was one of the cards stolen when my purse was stolen. I never activated it, but it is somehow being used to get cash at Walmart. I can't find anywhere open to call and cancel this card. The instructions say to go to the Business EMV page, but to use that page I have to activate the card. I don't want to activate it because that may give more access to the thief. How can I cancel the card? It's linked to my debit account which is linked to my checking account. I don't want them to clean out my checking account!!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @STURNOY,

I'm very sorry to hear that there is unauthorized use of the debit card that you were issued. If these steps do not work, please contact customer service by phone to report the stolen card to have it deactivated and to dispute the payments. The number for PayPal customer service is found by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then Call us.

I hope this is resolved quickly for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

STURNOY
Contributor
Contributor

I did everything you said to do, 8 times. That's how many times I contacted PayPal about rectifying this issue. PayPal's Resolution Center deemed the fraudulent transactions that took place AFTER I REPORTED THE CARD STOLEN as authorized. When I went back again to argue that, they again deemed them authorized. 

HOW CAN YOU SAY TRANSACTIONS PERFORMED BY A STOLEN CARD WERE AUTHORIZED?

AND HOW COULD YOU ALLOW THESE TRANSACTIONS TO GO THROUGH IN THE FIRST PLACE WHEN THE CARD IN QUESTION WAS NEVER EVER ACTIVATED?

Login to Me Too

STURNOY
Contributor
Contributor

This was not a solution. This was party-line **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.