Unaccepted money

JoshuaLoflin
Contributor
Contributor

I have an account on paypal that is not verified at all and I am 17 so the account can not be verified (even though I have another account that works completely). I was sent money to the un verified account and now it is sitting there unaccepted and I can not send it back at all, i've been trying to look for help for two days now and have come up with nothing, the main goal for me is to send the money back to the person that sent me the money. Thanks to anyone who can help me. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JoshuaLoflin 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you may not have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18.
Consider what your goals are in the long-term so that you don’t back yourself into a corner.
Even when you are 18 if paypal finds out that any paypal account was opened underage it would be banned even if you were of age when they found out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JoshuaLoflin
Contributor
Contributor
I Understand all that but like I said I’m 17 and have another account that is completely verified.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JoshuaLoflin 

It was probably verified before the stricter policies came in which now apply to your other account.

At some point you will have to add SSN etc to your other account and as soon as paypal realise its an illegal underage account (or opened underage) then it would be banned.

Secondly you are only allowed x2 paypal accounts if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business, if you have 2 of the same type you risk them both being limited. 

Again, your call but don't come back as someone did the other day who was 25 years old and had his illegally opened underage account banned.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.