Unacceptable shipping delay

o_b_wun
New Community Member

I ordered a Halloween Advent calendar on Sept. 24 for my wife. It is an Advent Calendar, meaning that it is a 31 day countdown to Halloween Calendar. And I knew that it might take a week or two to get HERE from China but I definitely didn't think that the shipment tracking would show that it was STILL at the seller's store 19 days later on Oct 11. So I emailed the seller that I would like the order canceled and a refund since it hadn't left their facility AND it would get here so close to Halloween defeating the whole reason for buying an ADVENT calendar. They never replied. So on Oct 17 I asked PayPal to intervene. They denied my claim on Nov 6 saying that the seller showed that it had been delivered on Oct 28, which it never arrived. So I then went and looked at the tracking information again. It showed that it hadn't been shipped out of the seller's shop till 3 DAYS AFTER I filed the claim with PayPal and 2 days AFTER PayPal contacted them about me not receiving my calendar! This is crap and WHY I used (past tense) PayPal to do my online purchases…to protect myself from shifty sellers. So, how do you appeal a PayPal dispute that I lost? PayPal will either protect my purchases or they won't. And that goes for you too.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@o_b_wun 

Paypal does not protect your purchases as they do not provide insurance, they give some buyer and some seller protection and then its up to you to risk assess your transactions.

However if the tracking number was fake then...........

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.