Unable to send or receive payments,

Evolution1
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email saying my account has issues and I will be unable to send or receive payments. When I logged on, under notification it states that I need to update info to reactivate account, it doesn’t state what info and when I try to click the update info now link on notifications it comes up with server error, I’ve checked all my details and everything is on there and correct, I’ve emailed PayPal twice but they haven’t replied surprise surprise as ther customer services are appauling. Does anyone have any idea what could be the issue, I can’t call them as I’m abroad on holiday, I’ve lost 3 days earnings from my business and have now had to set up an account with a competitor, since I’ve had PayPal there has been nothing but problems, terrible service.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Evolution1

If you are trying to use Paypal internationally then that often sets off their security alarms and they think your account may have been hacked and used by a scammer internationally, this is because Paypal is 'country specific'.

So to protect your account they limit it until you can confirm its you normally via a text to your Paypal registered phone or similar OR they will ask you to enter some info in the resolution centre of your account.

If you have had diddly squat from them then if you can't phone all I can suggest is..................

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.