Unable to resolve a dispute after Fraud proved by Australia Post in writing

Starfungi
Contributor
Contributor

I have raised a dispute over not receiving the correct items ordered. PayPal has refused to pay me as the supplier showed the item was delivered by Australia Post . They have asked me to send there response of fraud to PayPal but there is no way I can as it is closed and unable to raise another dispute.

This is the email I received today from Australia Post - what do I do to get my money back!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your reaching out to us about the status of item LZ346468243CN. I can clarify this situation for you and advise you of your next steps.

The last two letters in your tracking number indicates it was sent from China. They're one of the few countries that send us a digital record of the addressee and parcel details for customs purposes, so I'm able to confirm that this item was not the one you were expecting.

The parcel with that tracking number contained toothbrush and the address details on the parcel were for a woman at a totally different street name and street number in Dee Why, 2099. 

The sender for this parcel is named in multiple enquiries we have from other customers who received a tracking number for an item addressed to a different person, so I believe this is a fraudulent transaction. I recommend you forward this email when you raise a dispute through the online sales or payment platform you used, or with your credit card company.

Although this is frustrating news, I hope the information today is helpful. As this will now become a negotiation between you and your payment company, there’s no more practical assistance we can offer, but if you have more questions let us know and your case will automatically reopen so we can assist you further.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Starfungi 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Starfungi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi and thanks. Will do as I am getting frustrated over this matter. I had sent the full tracking details from Track17 which showed a different address to mine and thought that this would suffice paypal. Now I have the Australia post reply I should be able to appeal. Will do later this week. It amazes me that this same supplier with multiple complaints to Australia Post has not be picked up. What an easy way to get money from us customers.

Brian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.