Unable to report continued fraud on my account

dan7055
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am seeking help in this community because I have had continued fraud on my account, cannot reach a person through the phone despite repeated attempts, cannot report the fraud online and cannot close my account. Allow me to explain further:

Sometime in September I got a bunch of emails in Spanish from PayPal saying that the language had been changed. This prompted suspicion from me so I checked my account. What I discovered is that my phone number associated with my account and the language had been changed. Additionally there had been two fraudulent transfers, each for $1,000 from my bank account. I tried calling Paypal but I couldn't get through to anyone. I contact my bank and they were able to block one of the $1,000 transfers before it went through, the other one I filed as fraud with my bank and it is still in the dispute process. Additionally, I changed my password and security questions on my account, blocked paypal charges from my bank account and deleted the credit card on my Paypal.

As of recently, there has been another unauthorized transaction, a transfer of $1,000 from my Paypal which had a zero balance to a credit card that I do not recognize. I did not even know this was possible. I now have a negative balance on my paypal. I have tried reporting this as fraud but it says that this type of transaction cannot be reported as fraud. I tried calling Paypal, but I cannot get through to anyone, I just get a robot telling me to report it as fraud online which is not possible. I tried closing my account but it just tells me "sorry there's a problem" when I click the 'Close my account' button under settings.

At this point I am at a loss as to what to do

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.