Unable to file a case - hacked

Midwest97
Contributor
Contributor
Someone hacked in and is transferring money from my bank to Paypal Cash Plus, but PayPal won't let me file a case since this is money I received. Also they changed my language to spanish and added their phone number to my account
Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Midwest97
Contributor
Contributor

Is paypal going to do anything or did they just push you off to the bank? I am trying to call again.

Login to Me Too

SSmith1975
Contributor
Contributor
They said they would work with the bank to get it taken care of
Login to Me Too

Midwest97
Contributor
Contributor

What number did you call? I can only talk to someone on chat, who said the bank needs to cancel it. Funny thing is, its not showing up on my bank at all. I am getting the run around.

Login to Me Too

SSmith1975
Contributor
Contributor
844-368-6632. I called my bank and they can’t do anything because the charge is in pending status so I’m in limbo
Login to Me Too

Midwest97
Contributor
Contributor

I got someone on the chat, they are supposed to call me sometime. I had my bank put a restriction on my account so nothing goes through.

Login to Me Too

SSmith1975
Contributor
Contributor
Good luck! I hope they can resolve our claims quickly.
Login to Me Too

estewartdc3
Contributor
Contributor

@SSmith1975 , My mom was recently hacked and she can no longer log in to her Paypal account, yet she can't get through to a PayPal customer service rep by phone either. So frustrating. Any advice on how/when to get through by phone? Thanks!

Login to Me Too

SSmith1975
Contributor
Contributor

estewartdc3 I was able to get someone via phone a[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]and they put a report in the system for me.  Good luck!

Login to Me Too

SSmith1975
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, they removed the phone number from my message.  Call eight four four -three six eight -six six three two

Login to Me Too

estewartdc3
Contributor
Contributor

heh heh! We outsmarted them. 🙂 Thank you so much!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.