Unable to access account.

kyeap
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to access my paypal account. I am able to make this post using another paypal account.

My paypal account was broken into on Jan 12. 2021. The attacker change my account email and enabled 2 factor authentication. so even though I have the email and password I can't acccess the account.
I realized it was broken into when my account started buying and selling bitcoin without my authorization.

I have been unable to get anyone on the phone to help resolve this issue. 
I have been on chat 2 separate occasions and was told that paypal's security team will get back to me in 72 hours. It has now been over 2 weeks. 

I have tried calling into Paypal multiple time during working hours, but no one pick up. All I get is a pre-recorded message saying that Paypal is unable to help me with my Inquiry. I have had my bank account and credit cards frozen for over 2 weeks now. All online chat was able to tell me was that the security team will get back to me in 72 hours. 

At this point I don't even mind just closing the account entirely. I can't get help through the automated phone system. I can't get help through the facebook page. I can't get help through online chat. Is there any way to reach an actual person that can assist me with my situation.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.