Unable to Provide Info and Cannot Resolve Limitations

JeONG2
New Community Member

I found out my account was limited and asked to resolve some issues. I found out that I was listed in the 'financial services' category and am required to send information for my business, proof of my affiliation with an organization, and charity. The thing is, I don't do financial services or have a tangible business. I'm a freelancer who uses paypal to collect payment for a writing gig or other online work. So it is impossible for me to be able to resolve the limitation. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Much thanks!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Dian

Hey @JeONG2

Thanks for asking your question here and welcome. 

I think that you might have chosen the incorrect business type. If you do not have any registered business you can change your 'Business settings' and select there that you are a 'Sole proprietorship'. When you do this the steps should automatically be adjusted so that you are able to provide the requested information. 

I hope this helps. 

Dian 

Login to Me Too

babyangel93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_Dian, I changed my business setting to Sole proprietorship just like you suggested but still facing the same issue because the charity info was not resolved in the first place. Is there a number I could call to resolve this issue ASAP?

Login to Me Too

FeDob
New Community Member
They won't answer the phone when you call cause I'm having a similar issue my account is limited and I cant show them the documentation they want so i tried call cause online takes forever and only thing i got was a voice recording telling me cause of covid 19 they are not answering phones
Login to Me Too

babyangel93
Contributor
Contributor
Hey @FeDob, have u resolved the issue? I dm them on twitter a few times and after going back and forth my issue is finally resolved. Maybe u could try doing the same.
Login to Me Too

Sam7kh

i rather just delete this account and never use this service again but they won't let me delete my account unless i provide information which was the main problem from the beginning !!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.