USnotion scam. How do I get Paypal to pay attention ?

AMB69
Contributor
Contributor

Scammed by US notion, denied by PayPal. What do I do?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Bucket202
Contributor
Contributor

You can’t. I went through the dispute process twice, even spoke to a customer service rep. after hours of trying. A total waste of time. Do yourself a favor and go straight to your financial institution. One would think PayPal would shut down sites like USNOTION after having so many disputes. Zero help from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

AMB69
Contributor
Contributor

thank you

Login to Me Too

justaguyfromcal
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

There is a youtube video regarding this scam. I got scammed on the purchase of tools, which if you look for tools now, they are not there.

<removed>

What I had to do was call PayPal to reopen the case. Also, have PayPal email you the information of the document you need to obtain from USPS. My USPS would not provide it due to privacy issues because the tracking number was to a different address.

So, what this merchant would do is mail an empty envelope to another address in the same zip code. When it gets delivered, the tracking number shows delivered within your same city. It's a great way to deceive credit card companies and PayPal. 

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Bucket202
Contributor
Contributor

To justaguyfromcal,

you are right on. 
I spent too many hours emailing and holding on the phone for PayPal. I too was able to send PayPal  the proof, paperwork from USPS supporting delivery  address for the order was not mine  and they STILL denied my claim. That’s when I got my credit card company involved. They are disputing the charge with PayPal now and they informed me it may take up to 60 days to resolve. Now it’s up to the seller to prove delivery to me.

It’s a shame PayPal could not resolve this issue themselves, like I said, their customer service is useless.

Paypal is not the bad guy, it’s the seller. BUT PayPal should see that and remove them from their customer lists to protect themselves and buyers.

I own stock in PayPal and you think I’m not upset?

Good luck to you.

Login to Me Too

Harleyrider44
New Community Member
My order was shipped but no had tracking number. I never received the item. I contacted PayPal and filed a complaint that I did Not receive my item. The merchant “then” sent a tracking number. I waited for the package to arrive. When it did it was a less than 1 oz envelope containing stickers. They do that so that there is a record of shipment of something. I took photos of the package, tracking number and items inside. I contacted PayPal and told them that the weight of package alone was not correct. I purchased a Pressure Washer. PayPal contacted the seller and of course they had no reply. I received my refund from PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Risingsunhip
Contributor
Contributor
Seller hijacked a usps tracking number. Small package delivered 6 miles away in the same town. Post office has a picture of a small delivered to a woman. Not even from this company. The order the lady was from a reputable company out of Albany NY. My local postal general filed a fraud case and notified the ligit company they have a breach in their system where this company is stealing tracking numbers. My local bank is taking care it now. PayPal said that was the only way they can stop payments from this scam. They are aware of the scam but need everyone to stop payment from their banks.
Login to Me Too

Wildbill_v36
Wtf. You guys go tracking numbers? I didn't even get an email confirming my order. How it's legal for paypal to help these scumbags scam people is beyond me. PayPal is the bad guy because everyone is complaining about being ripped off by this crap company and they're doing nothing about it
Login to Me Too

macgulley
Contributor
Contributor

I had to go to the post office and get confirmation that my package was delivered to the wrong address and weighed only 1 oz. Once I sent that to Paypal they credited my account. 

Login to Me Too

Guitarguy1980
Contributor
Contributor
I bought a carpet cleaning machine from usnotion. It looked legit,the site had PayPal logos all over the place. I paid for it on the site with PayPal. Discovered later or was a scam.called PayPal and they were no help at all. I didn't get a tracking number or confirmation email.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.