USPS Provided Proof Seller Misaddressed A Package. Paypal Ruled In Seller's Favor

yungbasedshogun
Contributor
Contributor

So I escalated a claim with Paypal after a purchase I made on Grailed.com never arrived to my mailing address. 

When I checked in with the USPS, they told me it was actually addressed to a address similar to mines. However, this address was not the one listed on my Grailed or Paypal account. 

I received three hard pieces of evidence from the USPS. This included a tracking itinerary with the exact date and time the package was delivered, a letter from a USPS employee stating clearly the package was NOT addressed to the address I provided on my Paypal and Grailed, and even a letter from their claims department saying they could not refund me for my order because it was addressed to the right address—which was not the one I gave Paypal or the seller. 

After a month of doing all this, when I finally escalated it to a claim Paypal ruled in less than two hours in the seller's favor simply because he had tracking and it said the package got delivered. The seller didn't even have a picture of the package he sent to prove it was properly addressed to me. I

I feel like Paypal never even accounted for the amount of evidence I had and simply just went off seeing the tracking was delivered. I feel royally shafted and I lost a lot of trust in Paypal today. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yungbasedshogun 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.