USPS Late Arrival & Seller Guaranteed Delivery Date

ssc6
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a gaming laptop worth $1400 from someone through paypal invoice. It was supposed to get to me by today but it says it is arriving late. This may not be a problem, but I have an international flight for next Tuesday and I won't be coming back for awhile. On the invoice, the seller did state that he agrees to have the shipment arrive before Sunday (April 5). If it does not arrive by my flight, should I dispute the paypal invoice? Should I talk to USPS? What are my options in this situation? If I do end up disputing, would this give me enough grounds for a full refund?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Maengles
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @ssc6

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:

• You don’t receive the item
  • You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute to a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

To open a dispute:

1. Go to Resolution Centre.
  2. Click Dispute a Transaction.
  3. Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
  4. Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:

• Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
  • Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute.

Be safe. Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.