Sousafam
New Community Member
Viable company or fraud?
Login to Me Too
594 REPLIES 594

Blueberry11
Contributor
Contributor

I followed PayPal’s instructions on trying to contact USFitWear, with no response, as I suspected after I read all the issues from the other PayPal community members. To my surprise I received information PayPal stating I had won my case with USFitWear. Everything followed the same scenario on my order with this company as all other community members reported. I would like to state that PayPal has honored their pledge to refund my payment to this company just as they had promised to do. I appreciate PayPal and I hope I can  continue to use them many years. Blueberry 3

Login to Me Too

Amirpatel

Same happened to me... Paypal should be ashamed of themselves... they have consistently told me over the chat that they want to protect THEIR integrity, but wont honor the purchase protection they offer. I have email documentation and a claim made immediately after i clicked the purchase button because I clearly knew it was fraud and yet paypal has done nothing to refund my money. With this many cases dating back weeks and yet they continue. 

I will never use paypal again. Horrible customer service and horrible ethics. 

Login to Me Too

Tonyjin
Bought a table tennis table on May 03. Then I saw this comments here and realized it was a scam website. Filed a complaint to PayPal. seller gave PayPal a UPS ground track number delivered date at May 05th. to the same zip code with weight of 0.8 pounds. Sent an email to UPS. I was told it was not to my address. PayPal refunded me today.
Login to Me Too

iHmong
Contributor
Contributor
Wow.. same zip code.. at least the scammer tried lol for me, the scammer sent it to Texas and I live in Wisconsin.
Login to Me Too

K_Chew
Contributor
Contributor

If you paid with a credit card through PayPal, my recommendation is to stop going through PayPal and instead file a dispute with your credit card company.  After you present all your documentation and evidence, they will initiate a chargeback against PayPal.  PayPal will then have to contact USFITWEAR to respond.  The important distinction here is that **PayPal** is considered the merchant in the eyes of the credit card company, NOT USFITWEAR, so the responsibility ultimately falls on PayPal to dispute the chargeback.  Bottom line is that PayPal will either have to pull funds from USFITWEAR or eat the loss to cover the chargeback.

Here are a couple links to PayPal pages on disputes and chargebacks (from the seller's perspective) to give you more context as the scammed buyer:

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/customer-disputes-claims-chargebacks-bank-reversals

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-a-chargeback,-and-why-did-i-get-one-faq2036

The only way for PayPal to pay attention to this fraudulent merchant is to eat the cost of their "business."  

Login to Me Too

tmnicholson0105
Contributor
Contributor
I just got an email from Pay Pal and they are refunding me my money back.
Login to Me Too

K_Chew
Contributor
Contributor

We've gone through their entire PayPal dispute process with resolution in the seller's favor.  We replied to their email notification with an explanation and pictures of the envelope with matching tracking number that contained a golf pencil.  We received an auto-reply saying that we should use their online resolution center.  Since you can't reopen a "closed" dispute, we're done with PayPal's process.  Besides, the seller is charged a fee every time they receive a chargeback against them, so why not.

Login to Me Too

tmnicholson0105
Contributor
Contributor
I originally got in the seller's favor. I contacted Pay Pal via Twitter and I provided them with documents and let them know how disappointed I was in their customer's resolution. I finally got a refund today.
Login to Me Too

AveryCase
Contributor
Contributor

You CAN reopen a closed dispute.  I did and they ultimately ruled in my favor.

I went through my CC AND through PayPal.  Within days CC settled dispute in my favor.  But I didn't want the scammer to win so I went through PayPal as well.  Of course, now the scammer is sending things in the mail so the tracking number belongs to you, which is a little harder to fight through PayPal.   

Login to Me Too

bkdade2005
Contributor
Contributor

I called into the paypal and spoke with a customer service rep.  Fortunately I had an excellent customer service person on the second time i called.  The seller is getting really good at scammin people!  i opened a dispute for non receipt; and then low and behold i received a package TWO WEEKS LATER!  I had ordered lysol wipes; and recieved a nasty little roll of toilet paper; so then i called paypal immediately and changed the case from non receipt as "not as described" - IT REALLY DEPENDS ON THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON YOU SPEAK WITH!  they have to give the seller the opportunity to do something, i.e., request item back.  That takes another 10days!  well when he responded with the return address it was all in Chinese symbols; which our post office doesn't even recognize as an address!  Make sure you call customer service and let them know that!  Then in turn they will request a REAL address to send it to, seller has three days to respond - BUT the big thing is the cost to ship something to CHINA!!!! with a tracking number!  EVEN if it's small it will cost AT LEAST 25.00!  I called and spoke with a super nice person and explained all this without being over dramitic! and that on this community board there were a GAZILLION POEPLE that were going though the same situation and that Paypal should be aware!  She said she would alert their FRAUD department!  My lesson - BE VIGILANT AND KEEP AFTER IT!  I sat on hold alot! but they are short staffed and I am not the only one in the word that is complaining about something!  You have to stay the course if you want it to be righted! If they deny you, APPEAL THE CASE.  IF YOU CAN'T APPEAL, CALL YOU CARD COMPANY AND DISPUTE IT!  I am turning the guy into the Federal Trade Commission! it would be a good idea if you do also

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.