Sousafam
New Community Member
Viable company or fraud?
Login to Me Too
594 REPLIES 594

Soccermom85
Contributor
Contributor
The lady I chatted with yesterday said the more the investigators in the dispute department know then they can better decide and look into banning this seller. My thing is I've sent them all of the screenshots of others stating the same issues, along with the spoof phone number, the fact that USFITWEAR is a registered business in Hong Kong. I don't get how they're still denying claims! Mine is still open in the resolution fever but if they don't do something this is a complete cause for a class action lawsuit.
Login to Me Too

mandava
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same boat. I ordered from Usfitwear.com. This website will not have any sort of communication they don't send you email about order purchase or tracking number it is only through Paypal the responded to my dispute. be careful with this website Usfitwear.com.

Login to Me Too

julz10
Contributor
Contributor

EVERYONE SCAMMED SHOULD FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. HERE IS THEIR INVESTIGATION-

BBB Investigation Results

BBB serving Central and South Alabama have conducted an investigation into an online retailer, usfitwear.com. The investigation was sparked by a spike in consumer complaints and BBB Scam Tracker reports about the business starting April 28th. Since late April, BBB has received over 40 complaints and over a dozen Scam Tracker reports about usfitwear.com. As of Wednesday, May 6, BBB had received consumer complaints from 18 states.

Usfitwear.com is an online retailer that sells exercise apparel and work-out gear via its online store. The business's website claims an address in Trussville, AL. That address is a residence, and BBB has confirmed through communication with the homeowner that the business is not related at that address in any way, shape, or form. The phone number the business claims has a New York area code and continually rings busy. BBB has researched the website's domain registration and found that the website was just registered on February 20th, 2020 and the registration was done in a manner to conceal the identity of the operator of the site.

Consumers who have submitted complaints and Scam Tracker reports placed orders and paid to purchase everything from gaming chairs, above ground pools, trampolines, bicycles and adult tricycles, to blenders, motorcycle components, exercise bikes, swing sets, and play sets. Interestingly, none of these items are directly listed or advertised on the businesses website, yet were being located for sale on Google ads by the consumers attempting to purchase. Consumers report that the only payment method offered is via PayPal and that once the payment is processed, it does not show as being processed to usfitwear.com, but to what consumers say is an individual whose name shows as letters of the Chinese alphabet. PayPal being the only payment method has caused some issues for some of the complainants when it comes to submitting fraud claims with PayPal in an attempt to have their payments returned. Some of the complainants have reported that the vendor supplied PayPal with bogus tracking information showing that packages were delivered, which resulted in PayPal denying the consumer's claims. One complainant stated that the tracking number provided to PayPal was for an Amazon package.
Paying customers report that the business is unresponsive to communication attempts, and not a single complainant has confirmed receipt of the product they ordered. BBB's attempts to communicate with the business have gone unanswered to date.

Fraudulent online retailers continue to be the most common scam facing American consumers and have been for multiple years running. BBB advises consumers to be very cautious when dealing with unknown online retailers.

Login to Me Too

julz10
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an induction burner from them on April 29th which seems to be when the scam was in the early stages. They sent me a USPS tracking number stating that the Seattle Post Office was awaiting the package arrival. From May 2nd on and up until today it stated that Seattle was still waiting. So I contacted usfitwear last week and asked them what was going on. No answer. Today I opened a Paypal dispute and miraculously the item arrived in Seattle an hour later. My tracking number is legit with my address and the estimated day of delivery will be this Friday.

I am hoping that I have better luck because my package is going through the United States Postal System as opposed to UPS.  Every story I have seen so far is regarding UPS and fake Amazon tracking numbers. My postal carrier is tracked via GPS so that when he scans the package at my house they know he is delivering it at that time. My only worry is that the package will have 3 lbs of packing material in it and no induction burner.

Login to Me Too

julz10
Contributor
Contributor

usfitwear had been given an F rating by the BBB. 🤣  Like they would care. 

I would also like to add that the BBB report said that the people who bought sporting goods, pools, bicycles etc. never saw the items on the usfitwear website. They only came up on a Google search.  My Duxtop induction burner was on their website full of gym clothing. I did think that was weird, but I thought maybe bodybuilders would take the induction burner on the road to cook their meals. And yes, the price was too good to be true.  I guess I will find out in a few days if I was ripped off as well if my package is empty.

Login to Me Too

Cardinal247
Contributor
Contributor

I would be very curious of what they actually deliver to you. So far I have seen people get smiley face stickers and toilet paper.

Login to Me Too

Evy1818
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, they sent me stickers. I think he does it as a mockery for scamming me.
Login to Me Too

SLiberti
Contributor
Contributor
Wow! They do that so they can show Proof of Delivery. That’s insane! Luckily for me it was supposed to be a grill so the weight was completely wrong. And the tracking number I got was not shipped to my name or my address, even though when I clicked their link, it said otherwise. Tricky jerks!
Login to Me Too

Cardinal247
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I love the phrase tricky jerks but you know what? They are doing a great job of tricking PayPal who had denied a number of claims in favor of this scammer. They USFITWEAR aka "Scammer" must be doing something right as they are still on the PayPal platform and they have not been booted off. Just like yourself they provided a UPS tracking number to show that they delivered the package and thus I was denied. I just stop dealing with PayPal and reported the transaction to my credit card company and with a few days I received a letter that my funds were returned to me. In nearly a month with PayPal it was back and forth and always on the side of the vendor. So, good for you that you got some resolution. Unfortunately its up to the PayPal member to jump through hoops to get resolution. Its insane with so many complaints against this scammer that they are still doing business using only the PayPal platform. Hmmm, I wonder what this scammer knows that we don't?
Login to Me Too

Jennyhopemarlow
Contributor
Contributor
Y’all, I’ve worked for a hundred hours to help people get their money back and to be a liaison between a lot of you and PayPal and also worked with the FBI, the Attorney Generals office and so many others. I wanted to tell you that if you did get scammed you should be able (or have already) to get a refund using the following means: 1) contact UPS. Ask them to provide proof of the delivery for the items that weren’t delivered to you. Ask for a supervisor if someone is a dead end for you. They have to provide proof and not just a stolen tracking number. 2) file a dispute with PayPal 3) contact the better business bureau and file a complaint 4) file a report for scam with your police department and with the FBIs internet crime division at www.ic3.gov. 5) Document everything. 6) last but probably first, contact your financial institution with documentation too and tell them it’s fraudulent activity. Again, this company www.usfitwear.com used my home address as their bogus business address. I have tried to help the masses of you and filed report after report. I also let the Attorney Generals office come in my house and search it without a search and seize warrant to prove they US FIT WEAR was not a legitimate company. If you need my help or further documentation to support your case do not hesitate to contact me! Hope this helps and I know PayPal has been refunding people now! Blessings Jenny
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.