Sousafam
New Community Member
Viable company or fraud?
Login to Me Too
594 REPLIES 594

bkdade2005
Contributor
Contributor

I called into the paypal and spoke with a customer service rep.  Fortunately I had an excellent customer service person on the second time i called.  The seller is getting really good at scammin people!  i opened a dispute for non receipt; and then low and behold i received a package TWO WEEKS LATER!  I had ordered lysol wipes; and recieved a nasty little roll of toilet paper; so then i called paypal immediately and changed the case from non receipt as "not as described" - IT REALLY DEPENDS ON THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON YOU SPEAK WITH!  they have to give the seller the opportunity to do something, i.e., request item back.  That takes another 10days!  well when he responded with the return address it was all in Chinese symbols; which our post office doesn't even recognize as an address!  Make sure you call customer service and let them know that!  Then in turn they will request a REAL address to send it to, seller has three days to respond - BUT the big thing is the cost to ship something to CHINA!!!! with a tracking number!  EVEN if it's small it will cost AT LEAST 25.00!  I called and spoke with a super nice person and explained all this without being over dramitic! and that on this community board there were a GAZILLION POEPLE that were going though the same situation and that Paypal should be aware!  She said she would alert their FRAUD department!  My lesson - BE VIGILANT AND KEEP AFTER IT!  I sat on hold alot! but they are short staffed and I am not the only one in the word that is complaining about something!  You have to stay the course if you want it to be righted! If they deny you, APPEAL THE CASE.  IF YOU CAN'T APPEAL, CALL YOU CARD COMPANY AND DISPUTE IT!  I am turning the guy into the Federal Trade Commission! it would be a good idea if you do also.

Login to Me Too

Cardinal247
Contributor
Contributor
Hey jjkatzer, Well said said and exactly my question. Why is this scammer still using PayPal to defraud folks of their money. Wht has PayPal not booted this scammer off their platform. With so many victims I scratch my head as to why PayPal done nothing to protect their membership. PayPal is supposed to be a safe site, yet they are not.
Login to Me Too

SLiberti
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all! I was also scammed by USFITWEAR. And Paypal originally denied my dispute because they received delivery notification from "USFITWEAR" with a UPS tracking number. When I put said tracking into my app, it said my name & address and delivery date. But it also opened it differently than all the other trackings I have done. Knowing this was a scam, I did some digging. First of all, the UPS transaction was very well designed. But they had one major flaw....I ordered a grill and the weight on the "delivered" package said 0.30lbs. I then contacted UPS and they were able to confirm that the tracking number was not shipped to my name or address. With this information in hand, I sent it on to PayPal and they gave me refund.  It's difficult & aggravating to jump through hoops, but it was worth it in the end. Stay safe & always take the extra step to get what you deserve! 

Login to Me Too

Cardinal247
Contributor
Contributor

Hello SLiberti,

Great news that you were able to reach a resolution and your money was refunded to you. Its too bad that you had to jump through hoops to get this done and also the fact that this scammer is still using the PayPal platform to continue to scam its membership. I had the same issue with this scammer, they provided a UPS tracking number that they somehow hacked form the UPS system to PayPal. The tracking number indicated that the package was delivered to me. They shipped it on the 5th of May, I supposedly received it on the 6th of May (From China), the package weighed .4 Lbs, actual weight was more than 4 Lbs. I inquired at UPS concerning this tracking number, the package did weigh .4 lbs, the address it was delivered was not mine and the name on the package as not me.Of course by this time I was done with PayPal as I was denied my case on several occasions.I took it up with my credit card company and it was resolved, no thanks to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

tall3
Contributor
Contributor

I thought buying something with paypal was the safest way to go.  I was wrong.  Bought a unitex pool through usfitwear.com  product did not come.  Put in dispute with paypal.  They got a false tracking number that weighed 0.4 lbs when the pool weighs 40 lbs.  Paypal closed the dispute as solved and now getting nowhere with them.  Paypal are thieves just like usfitwear.  I was astounded by the number of people that have had issues, but paypal is still allowing this company to defraud people.  I am very disappointed with paypal and will have to stop using them.  

Login to Me Too

Cardinal247
Contributor
Contributor
Hello tall3, If I were you I would seek help from your creditcard company. PalPal has not provided any help to its members being scammed bu USFITWEAR. I had the same issue where a bogus tracking number was provided for a power painter. I was also denied and thus I went to my creditcard provider for help. Guess what? PayPal provided my credit card company with the same bogus information that USFITWEAR provided on including the bogus tracking number that indicated I received the package. What PayPal omitted from the information was an email I received from UPS, indicating that the tracking number provided was for a package for a different person and a different address. This same email I received from UPS I forwarded to PayPal. So I had to forward this same email to my creditcard company as proof that I never received the package. So even when provided with information that proved my case, PayPal still failed to act on it. I feel the same as you do. I thought PayPal was a safe platform to do business in, I was proven wrong.
Login to Me Too

tall3
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks cardinal247 will check into it.

Login to Me Too

Perezjojo1
Contributor
Contributor
It took me over 2 months dealing with PayPal robots, they denied me 4 times I just keep on reopening a case each time I also was provided a fake tracking number of a package delivered not to me but to the city I live in wrong last name wrong weight I contacted UPS the emailed me saying my name and address and nothing to do with the tracking number I was provided paypal still would not refund me I finally went off on paypal pretty much told them off calling them out as fraud just like usfit wear I also contacted BBB and consumers affairs got no where I finally did get refunded pretty much don't give up keep on keep on took me over 2 months but finally did get a refund I'm a single mom I don't have it like that to order something for my kids on line and not get it yeah no PayPal you will give me my money back and they did good luck to everyone
Login to Me Too

julz10
Contributor
Contributor

I sure would like to know how you reopened the cases. It states on the PP website that once a claim is denied you can never open it again. I have been going through this hell for two months like you, but I had to stay away from this forum for the sake of my health. My blood pressure numbers go off of the chart!

So, I finally got through to my bank (Chase) and a dispute is in progress. They temporarily refunded my account but said the funds won't be available until the case is closed. This gives me hope.

I live 15 minutes from PayPal headquarters. If there wasn't a pandemic I would have driven there and given them a piece of my mind. And called my local news to see if they could help me with exposing PayPal!!

Login to Me Too

Cardinal247
Contributor
Contributor

Julz10 better you go with your credit card company for resolution as I got no where with PP. They PP provided zero support and sided with the scammer USFITWEAR and closed my case. It went back and forth for well over a month with no end in sight. I reached to my credit card company and just like you provided me with a temporary refund until case is solved. My friends at PP provided my credit card company with the same bogus tracking number that was given to them, so my credit card told me unless I had something else to share I would be responsible for the payment of funds for an item I never received. What PP failed to provide was an email that I provided to PP from UPS stating that the tracking number was not me nor my address. I had a copy of this which I then forwarded to my credit card company and I am currently awaiting their response. So, my advice forget P and deal with your credit card company. I think may of us have learned that PP is not a very safe place to do business in and will not bcak up the member form scammers like this. Good luck and hope you see it through.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.