Sousafam
New Community Member
Viable company or fraud?
Login to Me Too
594 REPLIES 594

alaphilippe
Contributor
Contributor

When I first came to the community on May 2, there were 2 pages, now there are 41.

Login to Me Too

KrisD1
Contributor
Contributor

I am having such trouble with Pay Pal not supporting me with this USFITWEAR scam.  The company will not reply to me, however they did reply to Pay Pal and gave them a tracking number through UPS.  The problem now is that the tracking number does say item was delivered to the city I live in.  The issue is that UPS can give me in writing the package was delievered to my city and the date, but they can not write down that it was not to me.  When I call them, they can tell me on the phone that the package was not under my name or to my address.  UPS says that their policy strictly states they can not write anything down for me because the tracking number is not connected to me.  I am just asking them to write that it is not connected to me and they can not do that.  They said go back to the merchant, which unfortunately is a scam.  I am still fighting with Pay Pals because they should back me up, however I am starting to pursue help through my credit card also.  Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

jjkatzer
Contributor
Contributor

No, sorry, wish I could help. Sounds like you are trying to do all the right things, unfortunately I have no legal background. 

I am surprised that someone has not reported them to the Federal Trade Commission, but I'm sure the wheels of government turn slow.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/media-resources/identity-theft-and-data-security/filing-complaint

Login to Me Too

lloyd20201
Contributor
Contributor

I followed the advice of another individual on this thread and contacted PayPal through @askpaypal on Twitter.  It took a few days for them to respond back to me but this definitely got some action with my complaint.  I had two weeks with no response from PayPal's Resolution Center. The package that was supposable sent to me through the sender's UPS number was only 1.5 lbs whereas the package should have been about 35 pounds. I did not send anything from UPS because I could not get a written letter from them. I did know it was an Amazon package and my name and address were not linked to the delivery. I did send a link of my order information from USFitwear which showed my package should have weighed at least 25 pounds.  Today, I received an email from PayPal letting me know my case was closed in my favor and I am being issued a full refund.  Good luck everyone!  Keep at it and get your refunds!

Login to Me Too

jjkatzer
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I have stopped using Paypal, at least until I get a refund, maybe forever. Unbelievable that Paypal allowed them to continue to scam people despite all these complaints!

Login to Me Too

AveryCase
Contributor
Contributor

I also took the advice of another poster and went through UPS to get proof that the tracking number of the delivered package was in fact to another person in my town, from Amazon, not usfitwear, and I was successful.

I would recommend you stay calm, polite,  but be persistent.  It took awhile to get a human at UPS and then that kind human transferred me to a supervisor, who then provided me with the document proving the tracking number of the package was not mine. 

Once I had that and I uploaded it to the message center at PayPal, almost immediately they escalated it, giving me an email to send the document to.  Hours later they reversed the decision and I received an email that they ruled in my favor and credited my account.

I think the key is to follow the steps and rules that are in place at PayPal and UPS.  It's not fair, it's not convenient, but when I resigned myself that I would do what it took to make sure those #$%#$ scammers did not get my money, it became easier and I was just passing through hoops.  

Good luck to all!  I don't know how these scammers sleep at night.

Login to Me Too

jjkatzer
Contributor
Contributor

In case you didn't see this, someone posted this article. Exactly what happened to me....

https://www.bbb.org/article/news-releases/22346-online-retailer-consumers-lose-money-to-usfitwear

Login to Me Too

Hawkenstein
Contributor
Contributor
I was able to dispute the transaction from USFITWEAR and won. I disputed the transaction as a cancelled transaction and supplied PayPal with screenshots of my email to the scam company asking for them to cancel while my transaction was still pending. The fake company had 10 days to respond and never did so PayPal closed the dispute in my favor and I am getting a full refund. Hope this helps someone out there as this has been something I have been tracking for more than two weeks.
Login to Me Too

ngirgenti25
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a poolside basketball net from this company and as soon as I hit submit on the order, I knew it was a scam.  I never received an email confirmation or anything for my order.  Then when I submitted a claim through paypal, they all of a sudden sent me two different tracking emails.  One coming from China from USPS and the other coming from NC from UPS that said it was delivered on May 11th.  I can't believe PayPal doesn't realize this a scam!  I even submitted a claim to UPS.  Ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.