Sousafam
New Community Member
Viable company or fraud?
Login to Me Too
594 REPLIES 594

lloyd20201
Contributor
Contributor

I finally received an email back from PayPal this morning. Because of the evidence I have provided, if the seller does not respond back to PayPal by May 20th, the case will be closed in my favor. They are finally looking in to the seller to have the company removed. I am pleased with their response. I just wish it hadn't taken me hours and hours of work on my part to get this resolved.

Login to Me Too

mccardell82
Contributor
Contributor

I made a formal clain with UPS through their portal and received confirmation in writing who the shipper/receiver is.  So far, I have appealed the denial of my dispute and forwarded the written confirmation email from UPS to Paypal. I'm just waiting to see if they would refund me.  In either case, I am going to forward this to my local FBI, to my DA, and to our NY State AG regarding this fraudulent company.  I'll keep you guys posted.

Login to Me Too

Dee_P18
Contributor
Contributor

What steps did you take to make this claim - where is the portal located? I'd like to do the same.

Login to Me Too

redninjas101
Contributor
Contributor

I finally had the dispute settle in my favor.  I bought a Foodsaver vacuum sealer from this scam website and you know the rest.  They denied my claim and any subsequent attempt to report a problem was immediately closed.  I reported to FBI, BBB, police report, the whole 9. I even contacted Amazon and they did verify that it was one of their tracking numbers.  I could only contact PayPal through Messenger.  Ultimately how I proved the fraud was to get UPS to send me a document saying the package wasn't delivered to my address.  Once I provided that to PayPal through Mesenger, PayPal decided in my favor.

Login to Me Too

redninjas101
Contributor
Contributor

The seller is using a loophole in PayPal's process.  The seller is aware that PayPal (and even Amazon) only checks the destination city to verify that the package was delivered and not the full address.  Not sure exactly how the seller acquires these number but here was a news report detailing how this scam works with 3rd party Amazon sellers.  I believe USFITWEAR to be one of those 3rd party sellers.

https://youtu.be/ko_S_STD2AM

Took 2 weeks to get my money back but it was worth it on principle alone.  The only thing that would make me feel better is to shutdown this site for good.

Login to Me Too

Lharman102687
Contributor
Contributor
Is anyone on TikTok and have a good amount of followers? This happened with a girl on Poshmark. No one listened until she went viral on Tiktok and tagged the company. I'm new to it and dont have any followers but.. maybe if someone did, paypal would see we arent playing and alot of people would start talking. Once a customer has a seed of doubt, theyll sometimes leave a company. The video could really hurt paypal for not having our backs.
Login to Me Too

julz10
Contributor
Contributor

It is official today that I have been scammed as well. I was hoping I might be the exception as all of my tracking with daily reports had my address on them as well. Then I get the fake delivery prompt which only said it was in or near my mailbox. It won't fit in my mailbox and it definitely isn't here. My item is 6 lbs.

When I called USPS they said the delivered item was half an ounce. He would not give me the address of the person in San Jose who actually got the half-ounce delivery. On the USPS website, it states that I have a waiting period to file a claim but I will try anyway. Already reported to the FBI, San Jose Police, and the Better Business Bureau. I also reported it to my local news channel that helps you get your money back when you are ripped off. Now on to the Attorney Generals website.

Login to Me Too

mmccl123
Contributor
Contributor

I just received an email from Paypal saying that I will be receiving a full refund. The fastest way to go about the refund process is to go directly to UPS. Call and ask to speak to a supervisor, they will send you an email confirming that the tracking number you submitted was not delivered to your address and that a different vendor sent it. Once you have that in hand, message Paypal and attach a copy of the email. Or better yet, wait until you have all of this and THEN file your claim. Paypal's system and their procedure are flawed and these scammers know it. Right now, with the pandemic, they know it's impossible to get a hold of a live person and many people will give up. I reported USFITWEAR to the FBI and BBB. I have no idea why Paypal is still processing transactions for these people!

Login to Me Too

-Ob-
Contributor
Contributor

I finally had my dispute reversed in my favor. You have to get an email from UPS stating that the tracking # is not associated with you or your address. Forward that email **removed email address** (replace @ with a) with your case # in subject line. If your having trouble getting ahold of someone at ups corporate then contact your local hub. Keep being persistent!

Login to Me Too

raghuveers
Contributor
Contributor
Could somebody please how to get the letter or email from UPS that the tracking number was not delivered to me. I had raised a claim with UPS questioning the Authenticity of the proof of delivery and said the item was never delivered to me. Today I see ups closed my claim without any reason and the claim status shows investigation cancelled. I don’t think it’s just PayPal , But UPS also is partly responsible since they slow fraud shipping to be shown as delivered in their system. I have no idea what to do next.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.