New Community Member
Viable company or fraud?
Login to Me Too
594 REPLIES 594

Cardinal247
Contributor
Contributor

Yes Sliberti,

I would agree totally, with 59 pages of complaints regarding USFITWEAR, you would think that PayPal would have had this scammer off their site a long time ago. I was under the impression that PayPal was a safe place to do business and that we would be protected. This however has not been the case and I had to go to my Credit Card Company for a resolution. Funny thing is that PayPal provided my Bank with the same phony UPS tracking number that was provided by USFITWEAR, indicating that my package was delivered. My bank stated they were going to deny my case however, I still kept a copy of the email I received from UPS indicating that the name nor the address on the tracking number was not me. This same email I provided to PayPal however, this email was omitted from the information that they provided to my Credit Card Company. So, I had to email my credit card with the information I already provided to PayPal. So dropping the ball at all avenues throughout my claim is simply amazing. It makes you wonder how many more cases like this one is causing all kinds of headaches to the PayPal membership. Here we are talking about a single case with 59 pages, I wonder how many more cases like ours are out there in the PayPal community. I certainly learned something for all this, its better to make your transactions with your regular credit card ad leave PayPal out of it. I just don't see the value that I once saw in PayPal for doing transactions like this on their platform.

Login to Me Too

Chimirito64
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone here been a victim of a scam where the funds were paid with Paypal and the proof of the scam is evident but Paypal is not supportive? I have done some leg work on a purchase that we did online. We purchased a small kids pool, which was only $100. Come to find out, the website is a scam. I figured that since we clicked the pool from Target.com (it was a sponsored add within the website) that something like this could not happened to us. Well it did, and after reading some reviews of the website (usfitwear.com) we were pretty sure it was a scam. 

I submitted a dispute with Paypal, stating my findings and how the package was not received. Well the seller provided a tracking #, which showed that the package did in fact arrived on 05/07/2020. I ensured Paypal that I did not received the package and that the package details showed that the contents were 2.6 lbs, which there is no way that the pool was 2 lbs. UPS gave me the address of where the package was delivered and I went to talk to the person that lives in the house. Come to find out the only package they received was a Drill from Amazon that they had purchased. The tracking number that the seller provided is from Amazon. Certainly something fishy is going on here. 

I continued messaging Paypal and the response was not the best. And I understand that with covid 19 they are with limited resources but on multiple occasions, I was able to chat with a person and they were not helpful at all. 

UPS will not go further with the investigation until Paypal initiates an investigation. Paypal stated that they will go by what the tracking number provided by the seller says. Any suggestions or assistance out there?

I'll give you this, the person that is behind this scam, knows the ins and outs of shipping company's and virtual financial applications. How can someone figure out that by providing "ANY" tracking number, Paypal will assume that the purchase was completed. How can someone figure out that UPS will not pursue a claim until Paypal, Ebay or Amazon initiate an investigation. Clever my friend, clever. 

Login to Me Too

Sheangel7
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar experience. I ordered from a site that looked like the legit one. I tried to dispute with PayPal. They decided the charges were authorized and paid it. Now the scam site will not acknowledge my purchase, have not shipped my item, and won’t issue a refund. PayPal won’t let me open another claim so the company just gets my money free and clear. I understand Covid closures but a call center can be worked from home. There is NO ONE available to help. I have lost all faith in PayPal.

Login to Me Too

donok
Contributor
Contributor

I'm right there with ya,,They don't or won't answer anything, I'm out almost $100.00

Login to Me Too

yumintyusugi
Contributor
Contributor
If you have enough evidence, you can try re-appeal.
I got refund after follow below step with proof of the item was shipped by Amazon, and sent to another person whose name is not me. 

If you wanted to re appeal the case you can get in touch with disputes team. However, you would need to start a new chat representative with disputes team.
 click 'Contact Us' at the bottom of the screen OR copy and paste this link 
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us
 and follow the steps below:
1. Click 'Disputes and Account Limitations'
2. Click 'Disputes'
3. Select what best describes your issue with disputes.
4. Scroll to the bottom and select 'Message Us'
Login to Me Too

Leewon_77
I ordered an item from usfitwear.com, not sure if the site is legit, does anyone know if its real?
Login to Me Too

Perezotero1
New Community Member
The thing is, about a week ago I ordered a swimming pool from this page (is fit wear) for $98.99 later on I received an email from PayPal with the Merchant Transaction ID. The next another email PayPal with “shipment details” but no tracking number. It only says that if I have any questions about the shipment to contact and email they provided Which I emailed twice and received no response.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Perezotero1 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jaylword
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me I order a treadmill put in a dispute with PayPal and they refusing to refund me and I emailed and tried to call the merchant no answer.
Login to Me Too

1klj
Contributor
Contributor
Same here I believe Palpay is running a Scam
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.