Sousafam
New Community Member
Viable company or fraud?
Login to Me Too
594 REPLIES 594

Devimouse
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a complaint against USFITWEAR.scam on 5/18, and that very same day a tiny package was shipped out to me from a very different state...containing a tiny pencil--like the kind you find at a mini-golf place. And no, I did not order a tiny pencil from this seller... While I do not yet know for certain that it was this fraudulent seller who mailed me this tiny pencil, I'll bet that it is. Paypal wouldn't accept my claim since I (thankfully) paid with a credit card. But this seller is BAD NEWS!

Login to Me Too

Rhapsodyntime
PayPal is beyond useless and I am disgusted that they are using the Covid outbreak to hide behind this horrific scam. This is HUGE and this makes me wonder who in PayPal is behind this.
Login to Me Too

bryders
Contributor
Contributor

You get some crazy email <removed> when the paypal receipt comes thru but this is the info listed on their website.  I tried emailing both to get some tracking info but appears it's just a scam.  Will start my claim with paypal now. 

<removed>

<removed>

<removed>

<removed>

Login to Me Too

Kelsey20
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>

Login to Me Too

213water
Contributor
Contributor

I too, was scammed by this company. I mistakenly thought that Paypal would protect the transaction. I had a similar experience where I ordered a bike, never received it and was given a fraudulent tracking number. UPS did send me an email stating that the name and address did not match mine so if this happened to you make sure that you get them to do that. They won't put the address or name of the person who got the package but will confirm it was not sent to you. I sent that to paypal after they denied my claim but am waiting to see if they give me a refund. I did file a claim with the FBI and the BBB. Please file if you were scammed so that the FBI will get moving on shutting down the website. I am looking into filing a class action lawsuit so if anyone is interested let me know. 

Login to Me Too

Seldane
Contributor
Contributor

I’m interested in your class action suit.

Login to Me Too

213water
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying. I am looking into lawyers and will get back to you when I have a name etc. 

Login to Me Too

D204
Contributor
Contributor

There is a clause in the user agreement that prohibits class-action suits, and also forced you to arbitration if you have a legal dispute EXCEPT for small claims cases.  I have been working on getting a response from Paypal for days - it's the principle, not the money at this point.  I plan to file a small claims case against them.  This will cost them court fees and my legal fees for what seems to be a slam-dunk (I have a legal degree, so I'm not crazy).  I would also encourage you to reach out to your state's AG office or Department of Justice.  Many have Consumer Protection departments, and they bring multi-state claims against companies like Paypal who do not honor their consumer protection clauses.  My experience wtih Paypal so far - they tried to lie to me about what is in the user agreement, telling me something was in there that was not - to get me to drop my dispute.  They unilaterally ended my chat so they did not have to continue responding to my questions.  They now refuse to respond to my chat at all.  They told me someone who call me (last week) within the day and no call was received.  They are avoiding what they know to be a scam AND the website is apparently still operating.  Legal action should be aimed at Paypal, not the seller, who is essentially untouchable.  I also suspect Paypal has been removing some of the community chats about this, which even more deceitful.  

Login to Me Too

213water
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I have been looking into the class action thing and have a call out to a lawyer who won against them several years ago. It looks like a similar case as it was to do with filing disputes. I didn't read the whole case (it is online) but will do so later. Replies are slow as most are doing limited hours. I also contacted Daniel Shulman so hopefully he will look into the matter for us. We should all be getting the money back since there are so many complaints that the company should have been shut down long ago. That is what Paypal used to do when they found out that a company was fraudulent. All orders were cancelled and everyone received a refund. This happened to me several times in the past without my even having to file a claim. They are still accepting orders and processing them for the company. 

Login to Me Too

Lindsey273
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I had some terrible PayPal “agent” named Joanna who kept talking in circles and saying things that contradict herself ... she’d say for me to ask the seller for a refund , but then she’d say to me that the seller hadn’t captured the money and thus no money movement exists in the transaction. She’d also say paypal is not allowed to cancel the transaction, in any state, pending or otherwise. Only after merchant gets my money or captures it can funds be frozen. I screen shotted her own user protection agreeement and my bank statement etc and just was a headache of lies and things that made no sense whatsoever. I noticed that it suddenly came off of my bank statement from pending to nothing at all... as if I never bought anything . I deleted my cards off PayPal and now I have message from PayPal stating my account is suspicious or limited etc. like it seemed like PayPal was legit in on it, I even emailed PayPal and someone got right back to me and asked me what my new business was etc. I got upset and asked if he read what I even wrote and can he at least forward my concerns to the proper dept? He was polite and said he couldn’t forward it for me but that he understands my frustration. I filed w the bbb and internet fraud government website too. I will never use PayPal ever again. I spent a good two hrs explaining myself to no end , kept getting chats ended, and even got an attitude from the agent explaining something new as if she’d already said it multiple times.. and of course none of what she said matched the consumer protection agreement. I am just waiting for the transaction to pop back up on my bank statement again although it’s been gone for a wk. if and when it does I’m going to just ask my bank for refund . I saved all conversations and communications and will help in any way I can if anyone can get class action.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.