URGENT help needed last day on crazy complaint

Fifiphoenix
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so a few weeks ago i get a notification on my phone that there was some suspicious activity on my paypal account. $2. A $2 transaction to telstra. Im on optus so i clicked the "no, this wasnt me button" immediately cursing myself because my account gets put in lockdown over $2. 

Then i go to log on, see my account is restricted and also see that a $200 negative balance has been applied because of an alleged gumtree transaction where "scotts of adelaide" has sold a 18ct gold necklace to someone , using my paypal Details somehow,  and not sent it. Im not scotts of adelaide, never owned a 18ct anything ever, havent been on gumtree since mid 2017, when i went to sell a watch snd found it so riddled with scammers and bugs i gave up on it entirely. 

Now theyre going to close this dispute today in their favour when i never received this 200, never sold an item, and its been done on the same day as the "suspicious" activity THAT PAYPAL REPORTED TO ME!! how do they see a $2 suspicious trans but not the $200 one immediately following that one.. HOW THE HELL DO I TALK TO A HUMAN ABOUT THIS.?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fifiphoenix

Have you clicked on that transaction and used the report a problem link to mark it as unauthorised?

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fifiphoenix

Have you clicked on that transaction and used the report a problem link to mark it as unauthorised?

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fifiphoenix
Contributor
Contributor

It wouldnt let me say there was a problem because the dispute is open, but yes i called yesterday (got the number from the facebook page) and a lady helped a little, was going to call me back though and never did. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.