(URGENT) Scammed on Paypal, need help asap

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Hi there all, i recently purchased game accounts online through a paypal order. Seller asked me to make multiple payments to his paypal account, and which i did. Upon completing all payment, which totals up to 55pounds, seller just disappeared and blocked me. May i get some advice on what to do? Will i be able to get my money back? I was extremely gullible and fell for a scam, but i really need the money... can someone please help me?   

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Gerry5039
Contributor
Contributor

If you paid by credit card via PayPal you can make a charge back to your card, contact your card provider. Paypal are starting to get a bad name with Credit Card Companys as to the amount to chargebacks that are made,  we no longer have any protection. I have found lately that you have a better succes rate by opening a claim with Ebay at least you get your money back.  However be warned if you have opened a claim with Paypal, you cannot open one with Ebay later. It used to be so nice at one time with PayPal you felt well protected, sadly not now. I pay now by credit card only as you can no longer depend on Paypals Money Back guarantee, not worth the paper its written on.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
i did not purchase the item through ebay, as the guy sent me his paypal.me link and told me to make payment. ive filed a dispute + emailed paypal already, and will be calling them soon. will paypal help me sort this out or do you recommend me to go straight to my credit card provider? thank you
Login to Me Too

Gerry5039
Contributor
Contributor

Me personally, you will get a better result via your card provider, nobody seems to get any help from PayPal anymore, they just dont seem to want to know. They will just close any action you put in sadly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.