[!URGENT!] How to urgently contact PayPal?

honger
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Having issues with contacting PayPal.

My account is aged more than 1 years. eBay account have 550+ positive feedbacks. But after receiving payment, my money is held 21 days.

I know that if you want to access money faster you need to provide tracking number and after it shows item as delivered money should be released.

I am uploading tracking ID's to all my sales, but money is not released - I have to write email to PayPal and ask for manually review.

During this all mess due to COVID-19 PayPal reduced support count, and replying to messages become much slower.

Waiting for them to reply 4 days now, there is huge amount pending in my balance and nobody reviews my pending transactions with added tracking numbers showing items as delivered.

Despite this problem I have received email from PayPal that they noticed some significant changes to my account activity. They require some information from me to understand this kind of account activity better. My account was limited and I am unable to send or withdraw money. I need to provide photo ID and tracking number of order received today. Same thing happened to me one or two weeks ago, I have uploaded all details and limitation was removed. Why this could happen? Now I have to wait till courier pickup item and I will able to provide tracking ID?

I cannot wait anymore, pending money stopping my business and sales. Everyday with no response from PayPal I am loosing money and customers.

Maybe there is any LIVE CHAT option? Or any phone to call with urgent issues like this?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@honger 

From paypals help pages >>>

Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) safety precautions, we currently have limited customer service staffing so wait times may be longer. You can still view answers to frequently asked questions on this page or send us a message, though responses may take longer than usual. You can also view our coronavirus response and FAQs here. Thank you for your patience.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

honger
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I saw. As written earlier - they not responding more than 4 days, this delay cost me too much..

No phone or live support to get urgent help for payment processor when everybody moves online?

They are holding thousands other people money and it is not possible to reach them fast?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@honger 

No you can't reach them at the moment as they are madly trying to transfer from a call centre to their own homes so that they can safely work from home.

That is not something that can be done quickly especially not doing it safely and to protect themselves.

So i think that their health comes above everything else at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RedSmitty
Contributor
Contributor

When I called them today 3/27/20, Paypal did not even put me on hold.  They just hang up after playing a message about covid-19.  Didn't they have robust disaster recovery plans?

Login to Me Too

honger
Contributor
Contributor

@RedSmitty 

What number/region have you called?

After COVID19 message they just hang up phone. 

Login to Me Too

richy2020
New Community Member

Yeah I couldn't reach them all week too, feeling really not safe when you can't phone them or reach by mail and get answer in 24 hours.

Payment processor holding other peoples money shouldn't act like that, very unresponsible.

@RedSmitty What number have you called?

@kernowlass I understand that safety and healthcare is no1 now, but you shouldn't kill small business who uses your services. Such company as PayPal was really able to move all workers from call centre to live chat as Amazon, eBay and other big companies does.

Login to Me Too

honger
Contributor
Contributor

Guys, still not solved.. Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@honger 

You wait patiently until they are up and running again, they are not a big company like Amazon etc and so it takes longer to organise working from home.

And no one uses my 'services' as i have diddley squat to do with paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

honger
Contributor
Contributor

In fact eBay is smaller company and not FINANCIAL, but already have live chat for a long time.

I have to wait patiently, but I am loosing my profits everyday about this problem, thats not good for me and for a lot small business.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.