UPS finds package empty during shipment.

ejbpesca
Contributor
Contributor

I was surprised to find that I cannot file a claim with PayPal for a package that never reached me from an online purchase.  I did not know till now that some purchases via PayPal have no way to make a claim.  I cannot find in the PayPal policies as to why this particular order is excluded from filing a claim.  Does anyone know what the reason is for some orders not to have claim filing ability?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @ejbpesca,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

I am sorry to hear that you cannot file a claim for an item that you did not receive. Can you please clarify what you bought? 

Martina 

Login to Me Too

ejbpesca
Contributor
Contributor

By asking what the contents of the package were are you suggesting that certain products do not qualify for filing a dispute?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Monami

Hi @ejbpesca,

Thank you for your reply.

If you have made a payment through goods and services, you will be able to file a dispute. However, if it's a personal payment, you'll not get an option to file a dispute for item not received. 

Please note that some purchases such as vehicles in the Motors category, industrial machinery used in manufacturing and Real Estate aren't eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection

I hope this helps!

Monami

Login to Me Too

ejbpesca
Contributor
Contributor

I found that the contents of the shipment are prohibited, cigars, yet this mostly cigar company, Cigars International uses PayPal so I guess it is a use PayPal at your own risk situation for cigars.  My credit card company finally ended the dispute by a quick action and now shipment has been made, but the company was silent by email, and could not be reached by telephone until the credit card people took action to reclaim the funds.  It was hopefully a rare and strange experience to have the shipper find the package damaged and empty during transit, refund the seller's shipping cost, who then ignored me as I tried to also get a refund.  UPS claimed they bore no responsibility to me either.  Paypal instantly denied the ability to file a claim online (an automatic action due to the contents of the shipment) referring me to user agreement rules.  An online chat agent then pointed me to the rules concerning prohibited items for shipping like tobacco as to why I could not file a dispute.  So that explains it and it is a first for me.  Hopefully a last.  I guess even though PayPal is accepted at this tobacco sellers online store, I should not use it if product is prohibited.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.