UPS FAKE TRACKING NUMBER

lightningx2
Contributor
Contributor
I recently opened a dispute with PayPal. I purchased a gold's home gym only to find out I was scammed. The issue is the seller is not the seller on the site. The seller is based in China. They never provided me any details about my order. When I disputed it, I was provided a tracking number from PayPal. The tracking number says it was delivered to my address. It wasn't. I never signed anything and my item was not 1.7lbs as stated on the tracking number. It was 300lbs. I'm totally freaking out. How do these scammers get tracking numbers and actually have my address on it so UPS says. I tried filing a claim with ups and they canceled it. Why? I'm still waiting for a response from PayPal. It doesn't look good at this point. Also it was shipped 10 minutes before I ordered it. Something isn't right. I'm ready to file a complaint with IC3.
Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

budahbuddy803

I had the same thing happen to me. Both Paypal and Discover said it was a valid transaction. I offered camera proof that nothing was delivered, images showing what was supposed to be delivered (400lbs+) and the tracking detail saying it was 1lb. I was told there is nothing they can do about it. Paypal is a joke for this one. 
"I'm sorry, I can't accept any of your proof. The tracking number is valid proof of delivery." ...... OK .

Login to Me Too

vesel
Contributor
Contributor

I called UPS and they told me that tracking number was ALTERATED and does not match your name and address.

Login to Me Too

cjr5
Contributor
Contributor

same problem here they have provided 3 different tracking numbers to paypal all of which were not the correct weight of a mini refrigerator, its so frustrating that lurking around every corner is a con artist waiting for its next victim.

Login to Me Too

vesel
Contributor
Contributor

I'll be more specific this time:

Purchased IPHONE 12pro plus (apr 3) for $1,289.66 cheaper than APPLE price. The website status states SCHEDULED DELIVERY APR 21 TO MAY 10. On apr 15 i was looking at paypal charges and i so tracking number there with proof of delivery  on apr 6 (based on that tracking number).  On website (etsy.com was a mesage that this seller does not sell thru etsy and advised me to contact paypal and start a dispute. I initiated dispute with etsy- within 10 min DENIED. I called paypal explained everything, one representative escalated dispute to 3 days (usually is 10) then next morning received message

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 

We received the case(s) you filed on April 15, 2021.

We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because we received shipment tracking from the merchant confirming that the merchandise was delivered.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

later called ups on the phone, they are strict this is the answer: tracking number and address you provided does not match your name nor address.

I asked if i can get any proof from ups? NO, we do not share information. Have PAPAL / CREDIT CARD COMPANY to call paypal. I relayed this message to paypal within 30 min received message from paypal that the tracing number does not match my name and addressand the case is escalated. On apr 19 received message from paypal that the case was resolved in my favor with full refund.

Again you have to convice paypal rep. to make that phone call to UPS.

Login to Me Too

artdirdave
Contributor
Contributor
Just happened to me they show it shipped with a weight of 15lbs for an item of 70lbs how they do this I do not know? But I also hold PayPal accountable for this they can make us jump through hoops for an account and credit card and verify the hell out of us but cannot verify a merchant and put holds on them! They are all theives!!!
Login to Me Too

deb193
Contributor
Contributor

I had same issue. I ordered large welded steel shelves, weighing 129lbs. They never came and the seller would not respond. When I filed the PayPal claim, the seller provided a UPS tracking number that made no sense. It was for a 5.5lb package - and I never got that anyway.

The case is still open. I hope soon I can report this fraud has been addressed.

Login to Me Too

Dorlowski1272
Contributor
Contributor
Good Luck I had video which I provided and that wasn't good enough on top of an email from USPS and they didn't care
Login to Me Too

deb193
Contributor
Contributor

The case did resolve in my favor. I had to message a lot to get details into the case, and even the right category of dispute. PayPal did me right.

Login to Me Too

Erik1688
Contributor
Contributor

What's the right category of dispute?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

welakaslaka
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue for me. Just received PayPal email declining my dispute today. A fake UPS # was used. I ordered an electric grill and never received it. Never received a confirm form company (in China) Tried to email them - email was dead. Once i disputed they suddenly updated shipping info on paypal. The UPS tracking number works but info is false (weight, date, etc). PayPal denied my claim stating that Shipping info was provided.  This needs to be addressed by PayPal !!! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.