UNFAIR ACTION BY PAYPAL

cinziabusi
Contributor
Contributor
My claim has been unfairly rejected by Paypal because I did not supply proof of having returned the goods. I explained and supplied proof that the postal services are refusing to accept parcels for dispatch to China due to the virus epidemic measures in place globally, but they refuse to take that into account!! When I first contacted the seller - whose website has since been shutdown - they asked me to keep the goods as the return postage would be too expensive to make it worth my while, and offered me a paltry discount. On 3 different occasions. It is clear that they were counting on this to get away with supplying very shoddy goods! Paypal decided the dispute in my favor, they said the goods should be returned before my refund could be actioned. I replied immediately that I needed an extension of deadline as I was not in my home country and would need to arrange for someone else to do this for me. I also expressed concern about the possibility of problems with postage to China due to measures being taken wrt the Covid-19 epidemic and Chinese new year. I received a communication that this would be looked at and they would revert. In the event, I managed to get a friend to prepare the parcel for dispatch but the postal services in my country - South Africa - refused to accept the parcel. The next communication from Paypal was that they have closed my case because I did not supply proof of posting!!! How can Paypal expect me to comply with their conditions under these circumstances?! And meanwhile I receive emails from the seller - a week and again 3 days ago - saying they're sorry I have had probpems with their goods and that they'd contact me in 48 hours to help me! This whole experience is a travesty of of justice and Paypal's promise of buyer protection How can I get Paypal to listen fairly? I have complied with all the requests they have had up to this point!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Jimmy1107
Contributor
Contributor
I totally agree they denied my refund for the same reason I feel that they are scamming us just like China products that we order.. I did everything they asked including found a police report that cost me $15 and then they told me they give me my $15 back but they never did that either I would never buy anything again through PayPal or from China..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.