UNAUTHORIZED CLAIM DISPUTE CLOSED WRONGLY SUE PAYPAL

Red9687
Contributor
Contributor
Transaction ID “0XT9622287704460C” is an unauthorized transaction on my account that I Rosalyn did NOT complete to an unauthorized card that was NOT added to the account by me. REFUND MY MONEY! THIS TRANSACTION WAS NOT AUTHORIZED CORRECT THE ERROR! ACCOUNT FRAUD IS A CRIME ALLOWING SOMEONE TO HACK MY ACCOUNT & STEAL IS A CRIME.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Red9687 

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JFKLPC
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly the same thing happened to me on 9/11/20! Someone hacked into my account, added a prepaid debit card, stole $600 that I earned and then created 2 disputes Saying they didn't get items I sold to them (I sold nothing to these people) totaling $1400 and PayPal sided with the criminal!!! I've been messaging and calling for 2 months and 4 times they've denied that I was hacked and someone stole my money. What a waste of time. I just contacted the FBI internet crime division and I will be calling my local FBI office so that this type of thing does not happen. I've been a PayPal user for almost 20 years and was a victim of a crime under their nose and PayPal says I owe them $1400?! They should be shut down by regulators and their executives should be locked up for favoring criminals before their customers.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.