UK Partnership Account problems.

CrispCutsVideo
Contributor
Contributor
Very confused and frustrated. We are a Partnership business in the U.K. As such, we do not have a company registration number. We needed to change our PayPal account to business account. However we were told to just include a copy of our partnership agreement, including both partners names and the company name. Did this as requested. However then had an email saying the information was missing. Checked the uploaded documents and all the information was there. So had a very long (and very expensive) call to PayPal, who said that these documents needed uploading again. Did this. Received same email! This time asking for VAT information. We do not pay VAT and so informed PayPal of this. Another long (and even more expensive call) to PayPal and after being passed through 3 different people, we were advised the ONLY way to rectify this was to change the account to sole trader. Did this. Was told action would take 24 hours and that the problem was now solved. A day later nothing happened. Used the online messaging to ask what was going on. Was told that we couldn’t be changed to sole trader as we had already submitted a Partnership Agreement. So back around the circle. Is anyone else having this problem. Seem to be constantly going round in circles here and it’s extremely frustrating. PayPal have had issues with Partnership businesses for many years (check the forums and reviews online) . You would have thought they would have sorted something out by now. Currently have a limited account, which means that we can’t withdraw any hard earned money. And, although we constantly do what we are being asked, nothing seems to change. We keep being asked the same things over and over. Told one thing, then another and then another. In fact the guy we spoke to last on the phone had our documents and said they were all in order. No idea why they suggested us to change to sole trader? Seemed to make no difference and just prolonged everything. Any solutions?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PK2021
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same level of Dante's inferno as you!!

There is a huge issue with UK-based partnerships and Paypal, and as far as I can tell cannot be resolved, ultimately meaning my money is stuck with PayPal.

Ive considered taking it to the FCA or financial ombudsman and if not resolved within the month will seek to take legal action against Paypal.

Truly insane its got to this but looking back through the community chat its been going on since Paypal began!! Just wish I would of seen it before it all happened.

Login to Me Too

timbo14
Contributor
Contributor

Same here! I am at the end of my patience with these muppets. They lock you away from your funds and send you around in circles, you have to give them a letter of authorisation for yourself signed by yourself. What idiot develops this stuff. I have 2 accounts now locked one I have been using for 10 yrs or more? luckily no funds in that one but it has had 10's of thousands £ go through it and into my business bank account with no issues.  ??? Now my new account for another website has been locked with funds in it just as it gets going!!  They must be sitting on millions doing this nonsense.  Makes no difference phone , chat or message email....  you tell them quite clearly there is no reg number, next thing they request a reg number.  Same with partnership agreement, I offered a marriage certificate  but they didn't reply. They clearly don't look at this stuff either over the many years of problems with this issue.  Beyond frustrating - fuming !  totally f***** off with the lack of customer service knowledge. 0 stars rating big fat 0!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.