UAB kilo grupe -- unauthorized charge but resolution center denied

abstafford
Contributor
Contributor

First post here so please be gentle.

Last October I cancelled my account with this company (app called <Removed>') and received a partial refund of their annual $66 charge.  The vendor said they cancelled my account, but charged me again on 1/14/2021.  I had no idea that there was anything I needed to cancel on PayPal, so I filed a dispute.  THEN I realized that there is a whole list of 'authorizations' that stay open unless you deactivate!  This was unknown to me for ? reason but now I need my $$ back.  Of course the vendor won't respond to repeated emails.  This unauthorized 'authorization' has since been deleted but how can I get my money back?  I tried to open another dispute but the system won't let me, just shows the results of the first one.   Any advice?

Login to Me Too
257 REPLIES 257

PSullivanmenth
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the advice.  There was indeed an automatic payment set up.  I am still frustrated that there was, as I have not contracted with this merchant for any services.  I don’t understand how PayPal can refuse the dispute, since it isn’t something I have authorized, and there are many complaints against this “company”  for charging through PayPal, without authorization.  It casts a serious shadow of doubt on the security of using PayPal as a method of consumer transactions.

Login to Me Too

Teenz59
Contributor
Contributor
Were you ever to get it resolved?
Login to Me Too

Teenz59
Contributor
Contributor
I didn’t bother trying to get previous payments taken out by them. I just asked PayPal to stop any further charges that may come through by UAB Kilo & PayPal has blocked them from my account.
Login to Me Too

Teenz59
Contributor
Contributor
I contacted PayPal & they stopped any future payments from going through. I didn’t bother to try to get reimbursed for the one that did go through
Login to Me Too

kalthi
New Community Member

I did not have a subscription set up. I reached out to UAB and they have not responded. 
Paypal was no help - and won't let me put another dispute in. 
I have also lost all confidence in PayPal and most likely will close this account. 

Login to Me Too

Drcswolcott
New Community Member
Same issue. Actually had a subscription set up. No idea how. I had two charges but one was exactly 6 months prior. $52 and $52 PayPal declined my request and closed the dispute but not before making me change my password again.
Login to Me Too

Myob90
Contributor
Contributor
I just now had this happen to me as well! I have contacted PayPal and canceled my card attached to my account. They better refund me or I won’t be using PayPal for a while.
Login to Me Too

Ragnar007
New Community Member

I found out what this is. That is a keto diet someone in your family setup a free plan. The part everyone missed in the free plan is that it will start charging you every 6 months after the first 6 months. I cancelled automatic payment for this merchant in my paypal account, its under manage payments. No need to cancel your credit card

"KetoCycle personalized Keto meal plan payments."

Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

PeteC1

Thanks for the info. Helped me find the issue and cancel it.

This was a very frustrating issue and Paypal were no help at all.

Incredibly disappointed with Paypal and their handling.

Scammers are getting smarter and I thought Paypal was a safe way to transact over the internet.

Login to Me Too

Anglfishie
New Community Member
Thank you!!!! Same thing happened to me and I had no idea what it was for!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.