UAB kilo grupe -- unauthorized charge but resolution center denied

abstafford
Contributor
Contributor

First post here so please be gentle.

Last October I cancelled my account with this company (app called <Removed>') and received a partial refund of their annual $66 charge.  The vendor said they cancelled my account, but charged me again on 1/14/2021.  I had no idea that there was anything I needed to cancel on PayPal, so I filed a dispute.  THEN I realized that there is a whole list of 'authorizations' that stay open unless you deactivate!  This was unknown to me for ? reason but now I need my $$ back.  Of course the vendor won't respond to repeated emails.  This unauthorized 'authorization' has since been deleted but how can I get my money back?  I tried to open another dispute but the system won't let me, just shows the results of the first one.   Any advice?

Login to Me Too
257 REPLIES 257

josedavila
Contributor
Contributor
me too! how can we get paypal to stop it! ?
Login to Me Too

ecfin
Contributor
Contributor
Hi All! I talked at length to PayPal: first a customer person and then a manager. Both refused to credit my account and they refused to put a fraud tag on UAB Kilo Grupe. The manager told me to contact my bank for them to pursue the fraudulent activity. Then today I was contacted by PayPal yet again to refuse my claim and close my case. UAB Kilo Grupe reached out and told me to use the app as I have paid for it. The irony is I do not have it on my phone. I am out $52 unless I can persuade my bank to pursue action. PayPal will not stand by us. I have learned that. 😒
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ecfin 

@abstafford 

@SuzE58 

@bfay 

@Alynne99 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tacobell49
Contributor
Contributor

Done. Hope it works!

Login to Me Too

SuzE58
Contributor
Contributor

I went in yesterday and took them off of my active subscription list... looked at it and there were a bunch on there that were a one time buy.. put all of them on the inactive list. I also checked to make sure that my bank account was not linked to PayPal. Funny thing I have a credit account with PayPal and I had it set up to use my bank account instead of the credit account. If I had set up my preferred way of payment as using the PayPal credit account this company would have gotten by with charging me without me even catching it for a while.. as it was I caught it quickly because I check my bank account daily. I hope Karma comes back to bite them in the butt. 

Login to Me Too

Kleelee
Contributor
Contributor
I just got charged as well $66. Before looking on here I stupidly emailed the company so now they have my email address. Hoping they cannot get into any of my other information. Could it be a hack through paypay? Have not gotten a response as yet. Anyone know what kind of company this is?
Login to Me Too

ADOBO
Contributor
Contributor

If you have canceled this billing agreement and you are still charged for the subscription PayPal can help you with you file the dispute through the resolution center.  

If you need to cancel your subscription it is very easy.

Here's how’s:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Settings near the top of the page.
  3. Click Payments.
  4. Click Manage pre-approved payments.
  5. Click Cancel or Cancel automatic billing and follow the instructions.

If you don’t have a PayPal account, you should contact the merchant directly to cancel the agreement. 

If you can’t contact the merchant, you should contact PayPal Customer Service by phone. Here’s how:

1. Go to the PayPal website.
  2. Click Help at the top of the page.
  3. Click Call customer support.
  4. Click You can always Call us as a Guest.

Please note that after canceling a payment, subscription, or automatic billing agreement, you are still required to pay the merchant for the goods or services you received. A subscription can be cancelled up until the day before the next scheduled payment in order for you not to be charged.

Login to Me Too

astarkey5
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. I cancelled back in September and now they are charging me again. 

Login to Me Too

arianty
Contributor
Contributor

again they deducted my money for the 2nd time!!!! 
How I can get back my money $66 every year.
The 1st one under trial they straight away deducted $66
Then, even I've cancelled they still charged just now 9.2.2021.
Oh please, that's so much money! 
I need that money for surviving during pandemic time

Login to Me Too

ajhubb7
Contributor
Contributor

I called PayPal and the fraud department,[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]and they helped to elevate my claim. They said I will receive the $66 back by June 1st and has flagged the company so if they try to charge my account again they will be blocked. The customer service agent changed the claim from unauthorized to did not receive item, which allows PayPal to refund you the money. She also recommended me to change my password and to make sure the 2-step verification is set up, which I did. Hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.