UAB kilo grupe -- unauthorized charge but resolution center denied

abstafford
Contributor
Contributor

First post here so please be gentle.

Last October I cancelled my account with this company (app called <Removed>') and received a partial refund of their annual $66 charge.  The vendor said they cancelled my account, but charged me again on 1/14/2021.  I had no idea that there was anything I needed to cancel on PayPal, so I filed a dispute.  THEN I realized that there is a whole list of 'authorizations' that stay open unless you deactivate!  This was unknown to me for ? reason but now I need my $$ back.  Of course the vendor won't respond to repeated emails.  This unauthorized 'authorization' has since been deleted but how can I get my money back?  I tried to open another dispute but the system won't let me, just shows the results of the first one.   Any advice?

Login to Me Too
257 REPLIES 257

Helenette
Contributor
Contributor

After two emails to <removed> I finally looked up the company’s Instagram <removed> and sent them a message there and got an immediate response! PayPal already agreed to stop the annual payment but now I’m waiting for Kilo Healt h to issue a refund

Login to Me Too

Pennyj_smith
Contributor
Contributor

I had 2 charges on the same day. Refused to recognise error. I just cancelled auto payment on PayPal. Let them chase me but no refund for duplicate payment and can’t find a single thing that links me to whatever I supposedly bought... nada in my inbox... lesson learned. 

Login to Me Too

Sweetbrightness
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Just today, 4/12/21. Their contact info is as follows: Website: <Removed> External Website. Opens New Window Address <Removed> Vilnius , LT- <Removed> Lithuania Phone <Removed> I then tried to reset a password thinking maybe I signed up...? I get this message: "Client with that email not exist" I've been on PayPal for over a decade. I've no problem deleting my account if they deny a refund. This is BS.

Login to Me Too

RhiannonDeThoma
Contributor
Contributor

Write to paypal (dispute it).  They have made sure no more payments will come out of my account from this company.  
It's total BS.  Frustrating that anyone would have to deal with this.  

Login to Me Too

Sweetbrightness
Contributor
Contributor
I sure did, I also called. The customer service rep laughed when I said it was upsetting that PayPal did not protect their customers. Shame on PayPal.
Login to Me Too

RhiannonDeThoma
Contributor
Contributor

That is definitely odd as they were really helpful with me.  I provided the date I killed my subscription, the email information to the App Vendor, and then the fact that I was continuing to be charged.  PayPal ack my request and blocked them from ever charging me again.  I think message the App Vendor (info in their App) telling them what I had done.  They first said to log into their product to remove my card/etc.  I said, "I can't get into the page.  It reads that I no longer have an account.  You have to do this for me". 

PayPal wrote to me (kindly)
Hello Rhiannon <Removed>,

This email confirms that you have cancelled your billing agreement with UAB "Kilo grupė. No further payments will be made from your PayPal account to this merchant. If you have any further questions about the agreement, or wish to reinstate it, please contact UAB "Kilo grupė directly.
Sincerely,
PayPal 

I then wrote to the App vendor (email address provided in the App)
" I removed the product associated with this so long ago.  Maybe a fasting tool, I don't know.  It hasn't resided in by subscriptions for quite some time.  Other folks in PayPal are saying they have the same issues with your products charging them even though they don't have a subscription. 
I worked with Pay Pay to make sure this doesn't happen again.  $46 coming out for nothing is really annoying/upsetting. I appreciate your getting back to me, but think you need to figure out what is going on with your "cancelled subscriptions".

They did reply with the below.  Recommend email them at that email address if PayPal is not helping stop this transaction. 

Hello Rhiannon,

Thank you for your email.

Please be informed that you have been charged since you purchased a reoccurring 6-month subscription on July 27, 2019, and the subscription was automatically renewed, as indicated in your purchase confirmation. As per our terms and conditions, the subscription cancellation request should be sent to hello at-sign dofasting dot com

Unfortunately, we had not received a request from your email address before the renewal. I can confirm that your subscription has now been canceled, and no further charges will ever occur.

However, you can still use the app and log in using your initial email address 

The app can be downloaded via the App Store or Google Play (Do Fasting - Your Personal Fasting Assistant). Please find the links below:

App Store: 
Google Play: 

Since you have created a dispute with Pay pal - your transaction is frozen on our side and we will not be able to issue a refund. In this situation, we recommend continuing your process with Pay pal. We'd like to inform you that it might take up to 20 days to reach the final resolution. We cannot speed up or influence their decision.

Thank you for your understanding. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Kindly,
Kim
Do Fasting team"

Login to Me Too

Sweetbrightness
Contributor
Contributor
That's the thing, I didn't subscribe. I did not download an app. I know nothing about this company, save for what I researched. PayPal said I subscribed this morning, then canceled immediately after. I've done my due diligence. Next stop is deleting my PayPal account. I've been with them since 2005. But if that's what has got to happen, then that's what has got to happen.
Login to Me Too

RhiannonDeThoma
Contributor
Contributor

Have you opened your AppStore to see if something like Do Fasting was downloaded (by you or someone else like Keto Cycle, MyFasting, etc)?  You'd be surprised what they have associated with this developer.  I'd recommend email Kilo Grupe.  You can go to the email address in the App or use the jenked up email address I gave you above.  That is complete nonsense!

Login to Me Too

Sweetbrightness
Contributor
Contributor

I did research that. I also went into my history in the play store, there is zero, zilch, nada there for keto, dofast, nothing. PayPal just wrote over they were declining my dispute because I made a billing agreement with this **bleep** company. I'm so angry I could spit.

Login to Me Too

RhiannonDeThoma
Contributor
Contributor

So I had un-subscribed and hadn't had it for like 6 months.  It was still pulling money out even though I had unsubscribed.  I looked through everything as well and was quite **bleep** about this.  Put in another dispute (could have just had an a-hole that was given your case) and be super thorough like I was.  State (if you didn't already) that you don't have this app, you looked through your app store under subscriptions like the apple instructions state to do and there is nothing.  Ask how they can help rectify this other than you just canceling your account and starting over.  
I did not ask for a refund, but they did help make sure money never got pulled again. 
And do email UAB kilo grupe.  Let them know what is happening and that you are **bleep**.  You can then use that email as documentation for your case. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.