UAB kilo grupe -- unauthorized charge but resolution center denied

abstafford
Contributor
Contributor

First post here so please be gentle.

Last October I cancelled my account with this company (app called <Removed>') and received a partial refund of their annual $66 charge.  The vendor said they cancelled my account, but charged me again on 1/14/2021.  I had no idea that there was anything I needed to cancel on PayPal, so I filed a dispute.  THEN I realized that there is a whole list of 'authorizations' that stay open unless you deactivate!  This was unknown to me for ? reason but now I need my $$ back.  Of course the vendor won't respond to repeated emails.  This unauthorized 'authorization' has since been deleted but how can I get my money back?  I tried to open another dispute but the system won't let me, just shows the results of the first one.   Any advice?

Login to Me Too
257 REPLIES 257

Slt31021
Contributor
Contributor
I too am having this same issue. I don’t even know what kilo grupe is or where it came from yet my dispute was also denied and 2 $66 charges have come out of my account
Login to Me Too

ajhubb7
Contributor
Contributor

I called PayPal and the fraud department, and they helped to elevate my claim. They said I will receive the $66 back by June 1st and has flagged the company so if they try to charge my account again they will be blocked. The customer service agent changed the claim from unauthorized to did not receive item, which allows PayPal to refund you the money. She also recommended me to change my password and to make sure the 2-step verification is set up, which I did. Hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

MON211
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree- Paypal how can you ignore the collective evidence of your customers about this company taking unauthorised payments?

Login to Me Too

Dixied73
Contributor
Contributor

I literally just received a charge on my bank card from this company today....actually PayPal is showing two, one yesterday and one today and I swear on all that is holy, I have NOT... repeat NOT entered into ANY SORT OF AGREEMENT WITH THEM! Thank goodness my bank caught it and contacted me to approve or not. So I disputed the charge and I canceled my card. I then contacted PayPal to report unauthorized charge and they responded the following.... “We've completed our review of your unauthorized activity case, and we’ve determined there was no unauthorized use. The payment in question was sent as part of a billing agreement you previously set up with the merchant. We've now canceled this agreement for you to prevent any other unwanted transactions. Moving forward please be sure to review all your active billing agreements. If you need a refund for a payment sent using an active billing agreement, please contact the merchant directly.” I mean, what the actual **bleep**!? PayPal cancelled the agreement fir me?? WHAT **bleep** AGREEMENT!!????? What kind of investigation did they do?? I’m saying I didn’t authorize this! They’re saying I am lying!?? I want indisputable proof that I personally went into an agreement with this company! I don’t even know what services I’m supposedly getting from them!!

Login to Me Too

ecfin
Contributor
Contributor
I experienced the same treatment from PayPal. According to them, the billing agreements-- they call contracts-- are being used to deduct $$ from accounts. In my case, after much time, it was a diet plan called Perfect Body in an app. I do not have the app nor did I get the plan. In addition, I also cancelled this 2nd payment as I received no invoice from either PayPal or Milo Grupe. PayPal is indeed complicit. So clearly it is buyer beware!
Login to Me Too

akwaugo
Contributor
Contributor
I sent kilo group an email everyday since the 12th of May they debited me and i just got my refund. I also sent them messages on their instagram page.
Login to Me Too

muirpalmer
Contributor
Contributor
I just discovered an unauthorized charge from UAB Kilo Grupe for $46 and disputed it. I emailed Kilo Grupe too and I don’t expect them to get back to me. When going through the screen prompts to submit a dispute, PayPal asked me if I approved a recurring gift card charge on 3/21/21 and I did not. I checked my account details and emails (as PayPal will always email me when I have used PayPal to pay for something or made a change to my account) and there is no account or transaction activity on 3/21/21, or even the day before or after. This is clearly fraud committed within the PayPal servers by stealing customer account & login credentials, not customer error. I have requested PayPal to refund the $46 as I don’t expect a fraudulent person to return the money. I have changed my password. And I did receive an email from PayPal that no more charges from UAB Kilo Grupe would be accepted. Let’s see if this is actually true. I am going to change my primary account to a credit card so if it does happen again, at least I know my credit card company will have the decency & integrity to refund the fraudulent charge. And I will close out my PayPal account forever.
Login to Me Too

Janeyd58_
Contributor
Contributor
Did anyone else sign up for Noom ? That's the only connection I can think of. I have contacted Noom and they are saying it is not part of their company. I have had to cancel my credit card from which the unauthorised money was taken. I'm thinking I may also have to deactivate my Paypal account and start again.
Login to Me Too

abstafford
Contributor
Contributor
Everyone, Check your acct for a list of authorizations! These are vendors that are authorized to repeatedly charge you. Delete what you don't want! I had no idea this was a thing, and PayPal gets a big fat thumbs-down for not making this clear and obvious!
Login to Me Too

Janeyd58_
Contributor
Contributor

Where do you check the authorisations?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.