UAB kilo grupe -- unauthorized charge but resolution center denied

abstafford
Contributor
Contributor

First post here so please be gentle.

Last October I cancelled my account with this company (app called <Removed>') and received a partial refund of their annual $66 charge.  The vendor said they cancelled my account, but charged me again on 1/14/2021.  I had no idea that there was anything I needed to cancel on PayPal, so I filed a dispute.  THEN I realized that there is a whole list of 'authorizations' that stay open unless you deactivate!  This was unknown to me for ? reason but now I need my $$ back.  Of course the vendor won't respond to repeated emails.  This unauthorized 'authorization' has since been deleted but how can I get my money back?  I tried to open another dispute but the system won't let me, just shows the results of the first one.   Any advice?

Login to Me Too
257 REPLIES 257

EJS4

Go to settings (the big cog) & there is a heading called payments we you can see past & present automatic payments.

it is not obvious, I just followed the advice given & am appalled to discover what is in there. Each time I had to cancel credit cards to avoid further payments, it is recorded as inactive. Looks like I will also be chasing Papal & UAB Kilo grupe, what a massive con!

Login to Me Too

js939
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I too am being charged for multiple transactions. I never authorized. And PayPal doesn’t seem to be cooperative at all.
Login to Me Too

EJS4

Thank you so much for this advice!!

Very unhappy with PayPal & this company for their underhanded fleecing of people.

Login to Me Too

Nucky29
Were you able to figure out what app this was?! I have no active subscriptions and I can’t figure out which this is for. I’m so upset. They’ve taken out so many payments over the last year.
Login to Me Too

Cidlicious
Contributor
Contributor

I can't figure out what it is for, either. I've gone through my apps on my phone, looked at my email... nothing! AND YET, this "company" UAB kilo grupe, has taken $33 out of my account every 3 months since November of 2019! I only noticed it today because I was in my account and saw the charge right after it went through (I have quite an active paypal account... but no more!) and I knew that I didn't authorize anything. I have removed them from my automatic payments authorization list, but really expect Paypal to step up here and deal with these scammers!! I thought Paypal was safe to use and would protect us from things like this. I have no other recourse to fight it, as they set up the unauthorized payments to take from my Paypal balance first, so I can't even have my credit card company help me.

Login to Me Too

Ksull
Contributor
Contributor
Today I was about to purchase (thru PayPal)3 months of a MyDiabetic App meal plan service. It was there that I noticed this would be a recurring charge and that the charging company was Kilo Grupe UAB. I was able to back out before agreeing to the charge. Did a Google search and found that this is an INternet Technology company operating out of Lithuania, with 7 subsidiary companies. Couldn’t see what those companies were however. During this past year of the pandemic I learned the hard way to try and find out up front who the billing company is and evaluate if I wanted to complete the purchase. Many have been legit goods and services but some not. And what’s up with PayPal not standing behind their customers?!
Login to Me Too

Nucky29
I’ve just found the manage payments sections and canceled every single auto payment including this UAB BS. I had already canceled free subscription so how can they keep charging. I filed a dispute with PayPal but I doubt I will get a resolution. This is so disappointing
Login to Me Too

annbojan46
Contributor
Contributor
I so agree. Paypal doesn't warn you that there is a place to see reoccurring charges that you can change. I too was ripped off $33 from Kilo Gripe for some scam account keto cycle in which the app doesn't work. My resolution is currently pending but from what I see, I doublt I will get my money back
Login to Me Too

Elleb1987
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone found a phone number for kilo grupe? I can’t find one anywhere just emails. Also did anyone get a receipt email stating how much they are charging you? I just got a thank you for purchasing email. Unless I have a receipt the credit card company won’t dispute this. I realize I didn’t purchase through PayPal but I’m experiencing the same problem with my credit card. It was a stupid idea to even purchase the app to begin with, I should have read the reviews first.

Login to Me Too

Jean6662

I found my original invoice for my Paypal payment to this company. I cancelled my subscription but just now was charged again. The merchant is UAB “Kilo grupe, phone <Removed>. I stopped payment when my bank warned me of a fraudulent charge. But I might have to cancel my bank card and possible PayPal to keep from getting additional charges.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.