UAB kilo grupe -- unauthorized charge but resolution center denied

abstafford
Contributor
Contributor

First post here so please be gentle.

Last October I cancelled my account with this company (app called <Removed>') and received a partial refund of their annual $66 charge.  The vendor said they cancelled my account, but charged me again on 1/14/2021.  I had no idea that there was anything I needed to cancel on PayPal, so I filed a dispute.  THEN I realized that there is a whole list of 'authorizations' that stay open unless you deactivate!  This was unknown to me for ? reason but now I need my $$ back.  Of course the vendor won't respond to repeated emails.  This unauthorized 'authorization' has since been deleted but how can I get my money back?  I tried to open another dispute but the system won't let me, just shows the results of the first one.   Any advice?

Login to Me Too
257 REPLIES 257

ecfin
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. I filed a claim but it was denied by PayPal. I explained I did not make the charge. But now I understand from others' experiences I might have downloaded the app by mistake and deleted it right away. This is bad news and PayPal should ban them.
Login to Me Too

OzBazgirl
Contributor
Contributor

what App are we talking about, totally unaware of downloading any app

Login to Me Too

SuzE58
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me today.. I got online to make a payment to PayPal and noticed an unauthorized charge of $66.00 on my account that was just billed today. I called my bank and it has not hit my account yet. So I put a stop payment on my bank account for the transaction to Kilo Group through PayPal. I also received the denial from the resolution center. I sent them back a note telling them that I issued a stop payment on the transaction.  and I also listed them on my account as an unauthorized vendor so no other charges will go through. I have not heard back from PayPal as of yet. I did hear back from Kilo Group wanting the information on what product I purchased..and that it might take a while to respond with so little information and the amount of calls and e-mails they have coming in.. I told them that I didn't purchase anything from them..and that it doesn't surprise me that they have a lot of calls coming in when they are running a scam to get unauthorized money out of hard working people.. 

Login to Me Too

Margit5
Contributor
Contributor
Kilo grupe never responded to my email; PayPal denied my claim. I have cancelled all subscriptions going through PayPal and will be cancelling PayPal all together. It's too dangerous for them to have access to my banking accounts. They should have flagged kilo grupé a long time ago.
Login to Me Too

SuzE58
Contributor
Contributor

I heard from them yesterday... evidently they say I signed up for a Diabetic diet plan.. which I may have.. but I do not recall them saying they had an automatic subscription renewal.. I do not recall receiving anything by e-mail monthly either. I asked them to cancel my subscription. They told me unless the charge was disputed they would only refund me 50% of the $66.00 charge. Klinio Health was they name of the company that contacted me by e-mail.. keep harassing them I've sent them e-mails daily.. 

Login to Me Too

sbrazil

Exactly, I did not realise I was signing up for a ongoing plan, I am not a diabetic but thought the recipe book looked good for pre diabetic. The app has never worked and all I get is a reminder to go to the app and log in meals and water, which I cant do. Have sent them three emails with no response. Now have been through the resolution centre and they have denied my case due to not enough information. I wonder if they look at their community site to read these comments. This company should be banned. The reason we use Pay Pal is to help us to work through issues when we have been scammed. I did not see or know that the company was it .it which I resume is Lithuania. This is obviously a scam. 

I was told in the review of my case that the seller had responded, I did not receive a copy of that response. I have not had a response to my emails at all. 

Pay Pal really needs to support its customers to enable it to keep its reputation. They seem to have enough evidence at the moment to suspend this company.

Login to Me Too

Cidlicious
Contributor
Contributor

I also got a response from the "company" asking what email I used, as they didn't find me in their records. I told them I didn't purchase ANYTHING, and sent the screen shots of paypal charges, they came back saying they found my email. I have no records in my apple account of downloading any of their apps, and did not purchase anything from them... but they will not refund any of the charges and my paypal dispute was denied.

Login to Me Too

BPiK

Me too. I signed up for an intermittent fasting group, and had no idea that they would keep charging me every three months. Initially PayPal refused to refund the second payment. Finally, I got the “Kilo” people to respond and reminded them that I had emailed to cancel and still had the email. The charge was reversed within 30 seconds. Amazing.

My advice, be lazy and never delete your emails, or be organized and save every single one. Also, I went through all my vendors on PayPal and removed them all so none can charge without me knowing. I am still considering getting rid of PayPal based on their initial refusal.

Login to Me Too

PSullivanmenth
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal account was fraudulently charged $66 by this “company” on 1/29/21.  I filed a dispute through PayPal, which was closed by them within hours, stating it was a “preauthorized contract with the merchant”, and future disputes had to be resolved through the merchant.  I had no idea what Kilo.health was, so I looked at their website, and there was NO WAY I would have ordered anything through them!  It’s a SCAM.  When I contacted the company at the e-mail address provided,  I received a response asking me for more information, and a description of the product I had purchased. My PayPal receipt had no product description, and since I never “purchased” anything, I had no idea what the $66 was for.  After PayPal declined my dispute I was unable to get further assistance.

a search online for Kilo.health resulted in a multitude of folks who have been scammed by this company, using PayPal as the conduit to steal money from people’s accounts.  Clearly that atPayPal has a fraud issue taking place, and their unwillingness to back up their claims of being a secure method of payment is appalling.  It is a one way avenue for a scammer to get cash, without recourse for the victim.  No matter how many convenient purchases I have made, the two instances of fraud, with no recourse through PayPal, have resulted in my total lack of confidence with the PayPal system.  Sure, it’s “just $66”, but that’s a week’s worth of groceries for this old lady.  And what if it had been $1000.00?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PSullivanmenth 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.