Two disputes on one transaction - failed

andozh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paypal, please help me out with following issue:

I purchased 4 identical items on one listing on eBay and paid $56 ($14 each) via PayPal. For some reason, the eBay transaction had shown only 2 items, so the seller has sent me 2 items, which came out to be fake.

I opened case on PayPal for wrong payment amount - and asked to return $28. I also opened case on eBay saying the items were fake. The case on eBay was closed since a refund case in same item was in process via PayPal. A month later PayPal refunds me $28 and closes all cases (can't open any new one on the same transaction). What should I do if I actually lost $56 and got only $28 refunded? Thank you!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Teito23
Contributor
Contributor

If you are looking for paypal to actually help you good luck with that you are sooner able  to get your money back from your card issuer than from paypal if you used that by doing a chargeback. If your card provider rules in your favor you get your money refund if you lose that you are stuck that's it. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andozh 

You opened a case for $28 and received $28 so how are paypal supposed to know what you purchased on ebay?

Its a shame you didn't file an ebay dispute but you can't open both at the same time, if you open one on paypal then the ebay one would be closed.

That wouldn't stop you opening one on paypal AFTER an ebay one closed if you didn't get a refund. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.