Twice-refused dispute, despite non-delivery of item

zukemeister
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item from a Chinese company in October, 2020. It has never arrived. The company says it was delivered by USPS, but USPS says the tracking number shows a delivery to a different person at a different address. The company stonewalls my inquiries, and now so does PayPal, saying it believes the item has been delivered. Where does one go for justice?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zukemeister 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

zukemeister
Contributor
Contributor

HI. Thanks for the reply. I see you are busy with many of the same or similar complaints. Yes, I already contacted my card company, and they are refunding the money. That's not the point, however. The point is that PayPal chooses to do nothing; it is PayPal with which I was conducting the transaction, and bills itself as the "safe way to pay." How is that so? In the face of obvious malfeasance, PayPal doing nothing makes PayPal scammer equal to the Chinese manufacturer.

As a point of interest, your solution would not work, and the Chinese company stonewalls all inquiries, and claims they have already deilivered, via USPS. USPS, however, takes my shipping number and tracks it to a different person and address, and won't tell me who that is.

Disappointing that PayPall cannot be trusted.

Zulemeister

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zukemeister 

Well my solution DOES work as you don't need to contact the seller to get that information.

Many folks have posted back to say THANK YOU as they got their money back using that information.

All you have to provide from UPS is that it was not delivered to you and provide proof that they said that, you do NOT need proof of who it was sent to.

As to what paypal should or should not do you would have to ask paypal wouldn't you.

I just gave up my time (as there is very little customer services available at the moment) to try and help you.

So........you're welcome !!! However I will add you to my list of no replies in the future.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

zukemeister
Contributor
Contributor

I said "USPS" and not "UPS." For one, USPS is a government and not a private corp., so they are sensitive about what they give out, and as they don't see my name on the tracking number given me by the Chinese manufacturer, they won't give me any info about to whom and where the shipment actually went.

Besides, that, it is not my job to be a detective. It is PayPal's, as they are the ones billing themselves as the "safe" way to pay.

I'm glad you have had so many successful results, and I see that you answer quite a lot of complaints, but your response to this one is not a very good one as a solution to a problem, and I have to wonder why you are doing this job as a "volunteer," meaning unpaid(?), if it makes you so grouchy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.