Trying to sort out a problem with faulty item with Bangood

SaSi_SiDi
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased two bench power supplies from Bangood on May 1st, 2019.

For whatever reason they were not shipped and I had to raise a Paypal claim on July 19th. Bangood did not respond and I had to request an escalation on August 8th.

The items were eventually shipped and received on August 16th, and Paypal closed the issue on Bangood's favor, which is fine.

Now the real problem starts. After contacting Bangood customer service about the faulty product, and explaining the problem to them, they eventually agreed to send a replacement unit but then wrote to me that they cannot ship unless I close the paypal claim. Which is crazy since the claim is closed (by Paypal) and there is nothing I can do with this.

I sent them a screenshot of the current status of the claim, showing "Closed" in favor of Bangood, but they keep on asking me to close the issue.

I have tried to contact Paypal on the problem but I can only send a 200char message, which I did, but have not received any response on this.

Is there something more I can do about that claim or should I give up?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SaSi_SiDi 

Forget about the replacement, contact PayPal customer service to appeal the dispute and change the reason to Significantly not as described and escalate to a claim with the purpose of returning item for a refund. Do not close the dispute until the return and refund process is completed. You're not going to get anywhere with this seller in terms of a replacement it seem like. Click "Offers" in the top menu of your account and scroll around to see if PayPal's Return Shipping on Us service is available to you and register so you can get reimbursed for return costs. Now some say that the service has to be activated before the purchase even occurred but that is not what I'm reading in the terms and conditions (at least for the US that is the case). The service has to be activated before attempting to submit a request for reimbursement and done. within 30 days from the date of sending back the return.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SaSi_SiDi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

many thanks for coming back with advice. I really appreciate this.

The problem is that the claim was opened and then closed by Paypal in favor of the seller when they provided a valid tracking code. In fact, the issue of not having received the product is resolved.

So the issue becomes, how to address that I finally received the product but it's defective. I can't reopen the claim.

And I tried contacting Paypal by email (200 characters message). I could have an answer on Monday, perhaps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.